Saturday 17 January 2015

Game on!

Hello lovely people,

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  I am having my favourite kind of weekend - a crafty one!  Today I have restarted my Kit & Clowder colouring lessons; I just kept running out of time for them last year so this is the year to get it done!

Now, what's your favourite kind of card to make?
I have lots (mostly involving pink!) but I can tell you what it isn't and that's cards for men, or even worse, teenage boys - eek!

So, I dragged myself out of my comfort zone for this one and you know, well, I don't hate it!

Simple layered design featuring boy playing computer games

I have to say the image really did all the work on this card as it's so fab and would suit many teenage boys!  Or quite a few adults too I reckon!

Boy playing computer games - digi image by Mo Manning, coloured with Copics

I'm off out tonight for the Caterham Seven Club Christmas dinner...yes, you read that right but we do like to be different!
And in case you don't know what a Caterham Seven is...


This was taken on a weekend away in Torquay with the club in September last year.
Our car is the further away green one and that's me in the cream fleece with Dr. Hubby just behind me.

Thanks for stopping by and for any comments you leave; it's so nice to hear from you :-)



Challenges I am playing along with;
1.  Simon Says Stamp (It's a guy thing)
2.  Sweet Stampin' (masculine)
3.  Papertake Weekly (It's all new - new digi image)
4.  Fab 'n' Funky (something new)

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kat :-) the image is perfect for a lad and your colouring is fantastic too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kat, and I'm glad you're enjoying the courses. I signed up last year but haven't got very far either!
    I didn't know you had a Caterham Seven, my hubby has wanted one of those for years! Jeremy Clarkson's review on TG scared me!! The pic looks great (ps I live in Torquay but unfortunately don't recognise the road you're on, looks very pretty though).
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT card! love it...so so great for those teenage lads...and some! Brill colouring too. Great image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant boys card Kat. The image looks fab and the papers suit him perfectly.
    Love the pics too...need a close up to see you though! :-)
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card Kat, I love the image, stunning colouring and brilliant layout.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't hate the card either Kat, I love it!! I have this digi too. Well, with 4 sons and 6 grandsons, it comes in handy! Your papers really coordinate with the image perfectly too. Fab car you have there too! I'd never get in or out of one of those these days, too old and too fat! LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love male cards and this one is fab, great layout and fab colouring. Would be perfect for a gem of a challenge this fortnight. Love your car, hope you enjoyed your dinner x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Kat! wow, your coloring is amazing! amazing card too...WOW! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card for a teenager! Your colouring is stunning!
    Ooh I love caterham sevens!!
    I own a classic mini and used to do mini runs with clubs before I was bedridden! Such fun!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colouring of this image, the folds in his clothing are done to perfection. A great male card. You're definitely not the only one who finds these types of cards daunting - there are quite a few of us around, lol.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card for a teenager! Those are always so hard to make but you nailed it with that image. Beautiful coloring too.
    Love your car!!! That looks like it'd be so much fun. Hope y'all had a great day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card with a super image, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Kat and your colouring is spot on! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas dinner! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, teenage boys are really difficult to make cards for, but you've done a fantastic job with this! Super image and colouring!
    Thanks for joining us at FNF this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kat
    Fabulous card.... Love the colouring... Great pickie of you ....
    Cant upload card at the Moment.... Any ideas....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh teenage boys......... ACK!!!! But you've rocked with this one Kat... the colouring is a work of art - not sure you need the rest of the classes! Like you - I stopped in the middle and haven't had time since... don't think I can see any free TIME in the near future either! LOL!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Kat this is great, i love this image and you have coloured him to perfection. I hope you had a lovely time :0 what a gorgeous car !! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great coloring & awesome papers! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teenage boy cards are definitely a difficult category but you've done a perfect job! Absolutely stunning colouring and a great design.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super male card, fabby photo, thank you so much for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have done a fab job with this card. Your coloring is amazing and the image is perfect for a teenage boy. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Kat - your colouring is toatlly amazing :o)
    One of my favourite teenage (and older) boys images.
    Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)