Sunday 29 March 2015

A glass half full

Hello lovely people,

Confession time; I forgot about the clocks going back (!) forward this morning!
I hope everyone else remembered!

Today I am going to be mostly in my happy little crafting space to finish up some DT work and maybe make a little something just for fun :-)

Meanwhile, I have a very simple little card to show you... it doesn't get much more CAS than this!
The trickiest bit with this design was getting the sentiment where I wanted it as it wasn't a clear stamp.
I was planning on sharing with you how I did it but I made this a few months ago and I actually can't remember - lol!

CAS design featuring Opal the Optimist by Stamping Bella

Oh and the other problem with CAS cards is that your colouring is really in the spotlight so no hiding those mistakes!  Can you spot anything odd?  If not, perhaps I shouldn't tell...

CAS design featuring Opal the Optimist by Stamping Bella

Card recipe;
Image & sentiment: Opal the Optimist - Stamping Bella
Glamour dust on large flower, edge of dress and shoes (just about visible!)

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E50/53/55
Dress: BG13/15/18 & R81/83/85 & G28
Bottle: YG95/97/99
Bottle label: Y23/26/38
Champagne: YR30/31

If you are still wondering about the image, check out my inconsistent light source on the shiny stripe for the bottle... yep, I am that picky!

I wish you all a lovely happy weekend whatever you are up to :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
1.  As You Like It (fave technique - lines or no line...mine is definitely lines, at least until I am brave enough to have a go at no lines!)
2.  Fussy and Fancy (girly)
3.  Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)

24 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Kat, I love the CAS design and beautiful colouring for the super Stamping Bella girl and such a brilliant sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Kat and I know exactly what you mean about placing the sentiment stamp. The other problem is when you get a small mark from the edge of your stamp….so frustrating!

    By the way, I would never have spotted the bottle if you hadn't mentioned it!

    Have a happy crafting day.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had that bottle I would be too squiffy to notice where the light was coming from hun! She's beautiful and this is a stunning CAS card. Love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Perfect Clean & simple card and beautiful Colouring!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeously CAS Kat.. and if you hadn't have mentioned there was a colouring error... I would never have noticed and not gone looking!! Anyway... I LOVE it - especially that big pink flower at her waist!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love this image :-) Coloured beautifully. Gorgeous. Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Kat, I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful. A perfect CAS design.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant CAS card Kat and I love the sentiment. psst...keep things like that to yourself, I'd never have noticed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect colouring , perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous CAS card Kat. The sentiment looks great where it is and your colouring is perfect, we wouldn't have known if you'd kept quite about the bottle.
    I hope you have the right time now though because the clocks actually went FORWARD this morning. :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous cas card Kat. I love the stamp, she's fab and a brilliant sentiment too.
    I wouldn't have noticed the colouring error if you hadn't mentioned it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect CAS card Kat..fabulous colouring and loving these images more and more..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous CAS design Kat, I love these images I really should get some! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy BST Kat (now that you've arrived lol!) I love your Cas card - there Stamping Bella images are fab I just love them. I have to admit I now hate sentiments that aren't clear stamps - they spoil you! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love this stamp Kat and you have coloured it perfectly (I can't spot anything ?!?!)
    Hope you are well and had a nice weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon sweetie, this is STUNNING, I love your creation ♥ Hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have never spotted anything amiss with that bottle. Think your entire card is just wonderful! Love it.
    Thanks so much for the well wishes and hope to be back in the swing of things soon.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kat, visiting to say hello! this is a beautiful card, gorgeous colouring and I would never have noticed the wine bottle if you had n't mentioned it!
    Sue. ️xxx
    tanglemousecards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card LOVE the stitching too!
    Yup I am 100% with you on the lines!
    Great to see you at AYLI challenge hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kat, this is a stunning card, and my only problem with that bottle is that it isn't full !!! Oh well soon be Friday night and then I can open one...thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fab card and a fab image. I love these ladies! Your colouring is perfect. What 'mistake'!!! LOL
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)