Wednesday 8 June 2016

It's Summer!

Hello lovely people,

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my happy news from my last post; it's so lovely to be able to share it with you and to have your support :-)

My first aim when I got back from holibobs was to do some crafting but the gorgeous sunshine put paid to that plan, in the best possible way!

Instead I have been tidying the jungle where my garden used to be - lol!

I did eventually do a little crafting yesterday evening because it is Creative Inspirations challenge time and our theme is...
SPRING INTO SUMMER
So we want to see any creations with a Spring or Summer feel

Our sponsor for this challenge is My Mum's Craft Shop
I'm continuing to challenge myself to try new styles so I was having a play with this pretty flower stem die and discovered some freebie papers on my desk that provided the perfect backdrop for them; isn't it great when that happens?!

 I love how striking the black borders and die cuts look against the white card and pretty DP :-)

Flower stem and butterfly silhouette card


The sentiment stamp is an ordinary straight line stamp but it's really easy to curve it as you stick it down on the acrylic block and I used the edge of the circle die as a guide to make sure it follows the curve of the aperture.

Flower stem and butterfly silhouette card


Card recipe;
Dies: Circle stax - MFT Die-namics, Tall Chloe stem - Memory Box, Butterfly dies set - Impression Obsession
DP: freebie with magazine
Sentiment: from Wire roses set - Woodware

The DT have made some wonderful samples to inspire you so pop over to Creative Inspirations to take a look :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


16 comments:

  1. Love the cas design! So bold effective and gorgeous!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design - great colours and paper too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design Kat, I love the curved sentiment and the paper is so pretty.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ised my chloe stem for ages but I do love it and this is such an effective cas card

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is utterly gorgeous Kat! So striking, and clever to use the die to match the curve on the stamp. Must remember that. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a striking design and very bold and pretty using the black card accents.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Kat....love those black touches and yes the paper is just right! Clever tip about aligning the sentiment on the curve too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty indeed Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Kat, love the backing paper , so striking . Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kat... Love that flower Die...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very classy Kat..gorgeous card and love the design with the pretty papers..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is gorgeous Kat... I do love how you used that black edging - and clever girl curving the sentiment - it looks so good!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, the black really pops!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful card, gorgeous design and papers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great CAS design Kat, love the black elements they really pop against the white and the pretty paper. The sentiment is fab.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat that is so striking! I love the background paper, and the fab aperture design. All the black details are such a striking and gorgeous contrast, love, love, LOVE it! Also so clever to have the sentiment follow the curve of the aperture. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)