Friday 6 April 2018

Little mermaids scene

Hello lovely people,

I have a Dies to Die For DT card to share with you and this is one that started with a very simple idea and got gradually more and more complicated!

Mermaid scene using Little Mermaids from The Greeting Farm

My thought process for this card went along these lines...Oooh let's use some adorable mermaids...well, they'll need some waves to play around in...now this would look cute as a scene in a frame...ok now I'm going to have to add an inked beach/sky backdrop...hmmm, that bottom right corner looks a little bare so I'd better pop in some seaweed and a starfish...and finally...ta da!

Mermaid scene using Little Mermaids from The Greeting Farm

I used foam pads between the layers so the scene ended up pretty dimensional, and I really didn't want to add much more so I just mounted it on spotty paper and added a couple of cute embellishments.


If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Skin: E50, E51, E21, E70
Green hair / bikini top / seaweed: YG41, G03, G17
Purple air / bikini top: V12, V15, V17
Mermaid tails: BG45, BG05, BG07
Starfish: YR31, YR21, YR14


Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;
Little mermaids stamps - The Greeting Farm
Little mermaids dies - The Greeting Farm
Inside and out stitched square STAX - My Favorite Things
Ocean waves - My Favorite Things
Mini messages - Mama Elephant
Mini tags - Mama Elephant


Other ingredients;
Distress Oxides in Fossilized Amber (beach), Salty Ocean (sky), Peacock Feathers/Mermaid Lagoon (waves)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card and fab little scene.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Kat. Love the candy coloured hair! So fun. Your ink work is fabulous on the background and I love the popped up box frame. Really gorgoeus hun. It's been too long since I've stopped into your blog. Life's been crazy with two new little people in our extended family and some dramas to boot! My sister in law had her bub 5 weeks early and my sister had hers 2 weeks late! So they swapped places in the line up, hehe. (They were due 2 weeks apart). I've been caring for my sis who wound up in hospital with a super nasty case of mastitis 2 weeks after bub was born, so it's been full on here, but so nice to put my nursing skills back to use! I've been loving seeing your gorgeous makes in the magazines and do a lil' happy dance for you each time I do. Hope all's well hun and send lots of love, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)