Thursday 18 August 2016

Sparkling romance

Hello lovely people,

Uh oh...time is flying by again and it has been a busy week for me so far.

I was working again on Monday and Tuesday and then yesterday I did a little shopping and went for my sight test/contact lens check.  It turned out that my prescription had changed quite a bit so I needed new glasses.  I always find picking new frames quite stressful, but I eventually decided on some and I am actually quite excited to pick them up next week as my current glasses are 4 years old so it will be nice to have a change!

At least I have a couple of days now to catch up on housework and crafting...ahem, probably just crafting if I'm honest - lol!


Now though it's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme is...

SPARKLE
Don't forget we want to see more pink than any other colour!

Our fabulous sponsor this time is Di's Digi Stamps with a $12 voucher


The image I chose for this wedding card is really rather large so I kept the design fairly CAS and I 'cheated' a little by using small strips of DP down the sides rather than whole panels.  These weren't actually scraps although the design would be great for using up scraps; I just didn't want to waste all that precious DP!

Handmade wedding couple card (image by Stamping Bella)

This has been a fave wedding image of mine for a long time so it was lovely to finally colour it and I definitely met the sparkle requirement by plastering the bottom of the dress in Glamour Dust!

Yeah, you might have to use some imagination for that, which is crazy because it is unbelievably sparkly IRL!

Handmade wedding couple card (image by Stamping Bella)


I made a faux button again and if you want to see how it was done then check out my 'Sweet Summer' PDF tutorial sheet on LOTV's Something for the Weekend.

Handmade wedding couple card (image by Stamping Bella)





If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
Image: Brett and Brenda get married - Stamping Bella
DP: Vintage romance - Maja Design (available from Live & Love Crafts)
Dies: Old Swedish lace - Magnolia Doohickeys, Nesting hearts mini die set - Xcut
Crystal Glamour Dust

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Her hair: E53/57/59
His hair: E51/53/35/37
Dress: W00/0 and RV0000/000/91
Suit: W3/4/5/6
Shoes / flowers: RV91/93/95
Leaves: BG90/93

19 comments:

  1. Morning Kat, Beautiful wedding card, the image is lovely and the colouring as always fabulous. Your DP is great and love the lace die set the card off wonderfully. Love the glitter on the dress ( yes its easy to see). Hugs Jennifer xx PS Enjoy your housework!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully simple and elegant Kat. I love this image and your sparkling details on the bottom of her dress too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful image nd I love the soft colour combo and the sparkle does show. Hard to believe it is almost a year since you took a career break, where does time go

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image and you have coloured it so well as usual.....and yes I can see all the sparkle on her dress.Sensible idea with those papers and I love your button....must check that one out! Hope you are having a good time with the 'housework'!! I will think of you when I am 'ironing'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous wedding card, I love the image, like you I sometimes find the Uptown Girls stamps quite large to fit on a card, the CAS girls really have the edge on these, but I love how you worked around it with your wonderful design. I think you can see the sparkle very well, but I do agree that it's marvelously sparkly stuff IRL. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you love this image Kat! You have done a great job on this card, and I love the glamour dust too....I can definitely see that sparkle!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Kat...... Love the image... Stunning papers
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful image and coloured beautifully Kat. I love the sparkle on her dress, the papers and your card design...FABULOUS.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Kat! This is my go-to wedding image. I love the sparkle and am heading straight away to LOTV to check out the tut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey lovely, it's beautiful! I do that with dp all the time lol
    Oooo new glasses ! I have to have my eyes tested every year and sadly always like getting new glasses lol
    Have a great weekend lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely image, your card is beautiful. I love the layout and colours....and of course the sparkle!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat... this is one of my favourite wedding images too.. and I love that you've kept it relatively CAS because of the stamp size. The perfect touch of vintage papers and that fabulous faux button make the card truly stunning - I'm sure the recipients will love it!

    Sorry to hear that that bothersome thing called work is starting to interfere with your crafting time..... that's not on!! LOL!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well this is a beauty for sure. Love the sparkly dress and the gorgeous stamp certainly deserves to be centre stage xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kat, this is a beautiful card. I love that image - it is one of my favourites - your colouring is amazing and I love the glamour dust skirt! Your card design is so pretty and stylish too - you are super clever. I must have a go at the buttons - they certainly look gorgeous. ( I am overdue a sight test! I should nt put it off really but it is always an horrendously expensive experience)!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kat, this is such a pretty card! I love the image and the layout!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Kat! This is stunning hunny. I love this image for weddings and you've coloured it perfectly!! Perfect papers and gorgeous lacy edge. Love the heart button too. It's truly gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)