Sunday 19 April 2015

Just chillin'

Hello lovely people,

Well, it's been a weekend of 2 halves!
Yesterday was a day out in the Caterham 7, driving across Wales with lots of other Caterhams for fish and chips in Aberdyfi and driving back again!
It was sunny but quite breezy so we had to wrap up warm but it was a great day out :-)
I'll pop some pics at the end if you're interested.

So, today has been a chilling and crafting day...and a computer game playing and football watching day in the case of Dr. Hubby!

It's not often I venture into the realms of male cards but sometimes it has to be done and LOTV do have some fab images to work with...and fab papers too!

Male card featuring LOTV 'lazy afternoon'

I had the urge to leave lots of white space around this image and keep to a few simple layers of DP; well, there's only so much you can add to a male design anyway!

Male card featuring LOTV 'lazy afternoon'

I had pretty much finished the card when I realised I hadn't put the age on it and now I can't imagine that the card would look finished without that little fishtail banner - it fills that corner of the card so perfectly!

Male card featuring LOTV 'lazy afternoon'


Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E51/53/55
Hat / trousers / shoes: E55/57/59
Jumper / shoes: W2/R27/46/89
Shirt / socks: W00/0/2
Newspaper: W00/0/2/4/6
Tree: E41/42/43/55/57
Leaves / grass: YG93/95/97

OK, I said I would show some pics, so here's a LOT of Caterhams all assembled at the start point; there's more than you can see in this photo too!
Our car is out of shot but that's me in the black jacket standing next to the chap with the red hat on :-)
Here's the only point where we got lost on the route...along with about a dozen other cars...we were all milling around trying to work out where we had gone wrong!

And here's our final destination; the fish and chips were yummy!

If anyone is really interested here's a video clip of us driving across the Brecons - shame you can't really hear the cars, just the wind noise!


I hope you have all had lovely weekends whatever you have been up to :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
1.  Fab 'n' Funky (masculine)
2.  ABC Challenge (H is for Happy Birthday)

27 comments:

  1. Love this fab image relaxing under the tree, so suitable for your card and great colouring too.
    Looks like you had a great day yesterday too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kat beautifully coloured,
    Love all your photos too, looks like it was an awesome weekend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card xxx glad I wasn't behind you in the queue in the chippy lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about male cards! This has turned out great, love your colouring especially the grass (that can be quite tricky at times)
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Kat....
    Love the image.... Love these cute images....
    Love the Pickies....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card...that coloring is awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Your card is just amazing. The coloring is lovely and the layout is gorgeous and just flows!
    Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfect, Kat. All maley (don't really think that's a word) with just the right touch of cute. Looks like a fabulous weekend, love seeing your pictures. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant male card Kat, and super colours. You drove to Wales for fish n chips? Crazy lady! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this stamp but I've never made a card THIS gorgeous with it!!
    It's fabulously coloured of course and the papers make it extra special! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sweetie :0)) Hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A FABULOUS card Kat.. I love your wonderful colouring and design - the red and brown look so good together - and you're right, that fishtail banner with the age is perfect! I'm assuming it's not for YOUR hubby though? He looks a young 60 if it is!! LOL!

    Fabbie pics of your car - I enjoyed the video too! It must be some sight (and sound!) to see them all together! Hope you enjoyed the fish and chips!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS - Perfect choice of papers too! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card and a lovely set of photos of your road trip. Paul would love to see your car, he's had a thing about the Caterham7 since Clarkson reviewed it on TG. If you do a road-trip to Torquay let me know! We have a great chippy here too, it's won lots of national awards! Luckily it's not far from us either! Yummy! ;0)
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely fabulous I love, love that image also the wonderful papers and design, thank you for joining us at FAB 'N' FUNKY this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Kat - your depth of colour is amazing. Love the LO too and the DP's are perfect.
    Lovely photos - looks like a wonderful weekend - especially the Fish n Chips at the end - scrummy yummy!
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliant boys card Kat.Love the image and the design looks fab.
    It looks like you had a lovely day out.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kat, this is a beautiful card. I love your colouring and the design and papers suit it perfectly. I really enjoyed your Caterham capers! Being from a house of men I enjoy my share of petrol head escapades...my lot are more motorbike orientated...crazy house!!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh and one more thing Kat... must apologise, I thought I was already following you but it seems I was n't...am now though!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect male card Kat... love the colours and that super sweet image, fab colouring too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey hun,
    Firstly what a fab card, you have really coloured this amazingly !

    Second i am so jealous you have such a lovely car !! Your weekend sounds perfect and I am glad you had a good one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb colouring Kat and I love this image and papers..brilliant. Great photos and sounds like a fun filled weekend.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love it! Such a perfect masculine design! Brilliant photos too, looks like you had a fab day :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you had a lovely time Kat. And this card is pure fabness. I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic male design! Love the coloring and your choice of papers and I agree the fishtail banner is a nice decorative detail.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty, Kat! Love that the image is a focal point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this image and love your choice of colours. Fabulous colouring and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)