Thursday 8 September 2016

Beautiful day

Hello lovely people,

Can you believe that in just 4 days I will be back in work after my year-long career break?!  I know I can't and although I am actually looking forward to getting back into it, I will miss having so much time to craft.

I can't feel sad though because it was a fantastic opportunity and I have had an amazing year off :-)


But now it's time for a new challenge at As You Like It and our theme is...

YOUR FAVOURITE...FILM or SONG
...and don't forget to tell us why it's your favourite!

Our sponsor this time is Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps with a $10 gift certificate

Dr. Hubby and I are not the biggest romantics, but when we got together in 1997 there was a song that we both really loved and that we listened to loads, so I think I would have to say that it's 'our song' and is therefore, my favourite song :-)
It's called Flower by Eels, so lucky me that making a card to fit with this is not really hard - lol!

I took the opportunity to have a little play with a new stamp set...and not a lot else...it's pretty CAS!

CAS floral wreath card (stamp set from My Favourite Things)

The stamped wreath and sentiment are from the set but I used die cut flowers on top rather than stamping ones from the set.

I was so pleased with how cute this turned out and am really hoping I have time to play some more with this set soon!

CAS floral wreath card (stamp set from My Favourite Things)

I hope you will pop over to As You Like It and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team :-)

I hope you all have a beautiful day!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,




Card recipe;
Tonic Studios Nuvo crystal drops in Gloss white

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, The 3D flowers on the wreath really make it pop.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, gorgeous CAS card and I love how you have added the flowers around the wreath. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat this is so pretty, I really like the little die cut flowers. Such a simple beautiful card I love it ! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous CAS card Kat..it is amazing how one simple stamp has such an impact with the little flowers added for dimension...beautiful.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Kat... you really rock the CAS design here - I'm loving that wreath with the gorgeous flowers added.... and it's nice just to have a simple sentiment in the centre. Just gorgeous!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty clean and simple card. This stamp set looks lovely and I love that you have added the delicate die cut flowers to the design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so pretty! Love the beautiful wreath design and added flowers! And the meaning behind it makes it even more lovely! Blimey, 1997! I was only 8 then, and obsessed with spice girls lol!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really pretty CAS card, lovely stamped wreath and the added flowers make it look all very pretty.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and delicate. Lovely. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is extremely cute and very pretty Kat - I always think it's a talent in itself to know when to stop when it comes to CAS cards and this one is just right! I can't believe your year has ended it seems such a short time ago that you said you were starting your career break - the time does just fly by - I had a four year career break when my son was born, that went by just a quickly!! It's a perfect time to go back summer's ended and just in time for the Christmas party lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a gorgeous card, Kat! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, life has been a little insane lately. So I'm back for a wee catch up. Love this gorgeous CAS design Kat. The wreath is fab and the diecut blooms are a lovely finish, the texture and dimension it gives the card is gorgeous. Love the sentiment, just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty cas card. Love the design and gorgeous little flowers.
    Can't believe the year has gone already!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're not old enough to have started dating in 1997 surely? Lovely card hun, and I love the paper flowers. Really pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this CAS card Kat, the sentiment is lovely and those sweet little flowers are gorgeous in the different papers. So pretty !
    Your year away from work has seemed to go really quickly, hope you will still find plenty of time to craft when you go back next week.
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog and hubby was over the moon with your comments about his weather vane, he is still beaming now lol
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply stunning sweetie, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous CAS, Kat. Your pops of color and wonderful stitching details are so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely card, the addition of the sweet little punched, patterned flowers to the wreath stamp is just perfection! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfection in simplicity. Fab. Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous Kat - as usual! I just LOVE your cards xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)