Thursday 5 January 2017

Thank you!

Hello lovely people,

Are any of you making New Years Resolutions?!

I usually don't because I know I won't keep them, especially if they are anything along the lines of 'be more organised'!

So, I think this year I will just try to do more of what makes me happy, and try not to overthink things or worry about things so much...but that's absolutely *not* a resolution ;-)

Anything pink certainly makes me happy so I'm off to a good start here...


It's time for our first challenge of 2017 at In The Pink so we've made it really easy for you with the theme...

ANYTHING GOES!
Don't forget we want to see more pink than any other colour!

Our fabulous sponsor this time is All Dressed Up with a prize of 2 digis of the winner's choice.


There was a lovely sentiment set free with Cardmaking and Papercraft this month, which I couldn't wait to use, and thought I'd challenge myself to make one of them the focal point of my card.

I have used some utterly gorgeous new papers too :-)

Pink floral thank you card

I find that free stamps don't always stamp brilliantly, but I primed these by rubbing a rubber over them first and found that stamping them with Versafine gave a better result than Memento.

In the end I used a grey ink to match better with the soft colours of the card.

I 'acquired' this pretty lattice effect die from a wonderful friend and thought it made a pretty backdrop for my sentiment.

Pink floral thank you card


If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



The Ribbon Girl products;
 Lemoncraft Heart Painted 6x6 paper pad
White cherry blossom
White sweetheart blossoms
Miniature white blossoms
Pink 10mm open roses
Tiny pale pink rosebuds

Other products;
Dies: Fancy lattice - Spellbinders, Greek Island Collection (Rhodes) - Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions, Whimsical wish - Sizzix

8 comments:

  1. A really pretty, floral card. I love the design.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those papers are delish! and I love the card design too - gorgeous as always.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the design. I am in love with that paper and have been playing with it myself. Versafine always stamps sentiments the best and I find that if you prime a clear stamp by inking it up with Versamark ink first and then just rubbing it off lightly with a finger, leaving the stamp slightly sticky, the ink will then cling to the stamp much better and then stamp more clearly :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kat this is such a pretty card! I'm with you on the pink makes me happy too!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous design to feature the sentiment perfectly Kat... and I love that lattice work stencil that you've used behind it. Of course, your paper choice is perfect... and you've finished it all off so well with those flowers.

    I've often had similar problems with stamps - especially clear stamps. Like you, I've used an eraser across the surface, or used Versamark first on them... they then seem to work quite well. And with rubber - I use a strip of sellotape - stick it to the rubber then pull off.. it somehow 'seasons' the rubber!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Kat, love the trellis, it works so well with the floral papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card, the trellis background looks great,will have to try it
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I totally missed this one!! This is so super pretty Kat! That paper is delish and the fabulous trellis diecut, gorgeous! I have to say, that sentiment is SO British! It made me smile from ear to ear. I don't think you'd hear it anywhere else and it's so sweet. Love it! Totally made me pine for England!! Gorgeous card hunny, truly gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)