Thursday 7 September 2017

Creating a scene!

Hello lovely people,

So, did any of you get your hands on the lovely new Christmas images from LOTV?!

In my last post I said that I was going to have a play with creating a scene using the Woodland Scene collection and they really are perfect for doing this.

Woodland scene Christmas card with fox and squirrel, using LOTV stamps

I also got to colour up the cute fox and squirrel which I hadn't previously used :-)

Check out how the stamps have all the animals in size proportion to each other, which is brilliant if you want to use them together.

Woodland scene Christmas card with fox and squirrel, using LOTV stamps

I thought you might like to see how I created this scene using the rubber stamps, especially because they are not clear so you can't see where you are placing them.

I had decided on a circular scene so I cut a circle from scrap to the size I wanted then placed this underneath the top section of my MISTI (other stamp positioning tools are available!) and built up the scene I wanted using four different stamps.

I just put glue stick on the back of my LOTV stamps to stick them to the MISTI (or stamping block if I'm using one of those instead) as this is easily washed off with warm water afterwards.

So, you can see in this photo how I was able to position the stamps as desired, then I inked and stamped them all in one go...and yes, they all came out perfectly with just one single inking and stamping :-)

Positioning multiple stamps to create a scene using the MISTI

This turned out as quite a large scene so it really didn't need much in the way of detailing and I already had the paper picked out because I almost always choose my paper before I colour so I can co-ordinate everything!

Woodland scene Christmas card with fox and squirrel, using LOTV stamps

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Lovely things I've used;
Woodland scenes collection rubber stamps by LOTV
Snowfall 6x6 paper pad by Bo Bunny
Turtle Doves die set by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions (for the corner die cuts)
Circle die and Scalloped circle die by Tonic Studios

Copic colours;
Fox: E97, E99, E57
Squirrel / fox tail: W1, W2, W3, W4
Blue sections: B34, B95, B97
Dark teal: BG72, BG75
Light teal sections: BG11, BG23
Wood: E23, E25, E47
Leaves: YG45, G46
Berries: R46, R39
Snow: B0000, B000, B00

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous winter scene Kat, the images are so cute and love the backing paper. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous wintery scene Kat, love the snowflake paper and ab colors
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and fab scene. I love my stamping platform, so great for scenes like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning colouring Kat and I love your gorgeous scene..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the image and layout. The Bo Bunny paper was my favourite paper pad ever but sadly, I have only about 2 pieces left and I cannot find more. I sure did like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that paper with the sweet image is such a fun and fabulous combo! Love the way you've coloured the squirrel and fox. This is a fabulous festive creation hun. Love the blue hues. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)