Thursday 7 August 2014

Cute, cuddly and CAS

Hello lovely people,

This is a public service announcement: If you are looking for something a little more PINK then please scroll down!

And now we resume normal service with a new challenge at Crafty Little Fairies and our theme this month is...

CUTE AND CUDDLY

Here's the lovely long list of all our fabulous sponsors...

Prize = £10 voucher

Prize = £15 voucher

Prize - TBC

Prize = £7.50 voucher

Prize = £10 voucher

I have been seeing Christmas cards popping up on other people's blogs for a while now and I thought maybe this year I should make an earlier start than usual so here is my first Christmas card!

It's a very simple design and was inspired by the lovely Marilyn; I adore how she often uses Frantage sprinkled lightly around the images so just had to have a go!


I printed the sentiment onto card and then stamped my very favourite Christmassy James image next to it.
I have just started the clothing class at Kit and Clowder so was keen to see if I could use some of the techniques on the hat and scarf.  I even added some of my own folds on the left of the hat and scarf and am pretty pleased with the result :-)


Card recipe;
Image: James in the snow - LOTV
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat (no longer available)
Frantage: Shabby White from Live and Love Crafts

Copic colours;
Fur: E40/41/42/43
Hat / scarf: B91/93/95/97
Fur on hat / ground: C00/0/1/3

If you pop over to Crafty Little Fairies you can check out the super cute and cuddly creations from my teamies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am playing along with;
1. LOTV (Christmas in August)
2.  A Gem of a Challenge (embossing)

22 comments:

  1. Ack! It is my favour bear, and my absolutely most favourite bear stamp!! Stunning CAS card hunny, so gorgeous and yummy and delicious and I LOVE IT! Huggles, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kat! Absolutely love James bear and you've coloured him beautifully! Stunning CAS card!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card Kat, love the little sprinkle of Frantage. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done it again!! Super CAS card and a lovely image...I like James...your colouring...BRILLIANT!
    You are a very talented young lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Kat, it's gorgeous. My favourite bear and beautifully coloured. The little speckle of frantage is lovely too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kat. One of my favourite LOTV image and your colouring is stunning. The CAS design looks perfect.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, I am loving this style of card and of course love James to bits. Fab colouring and I love the little sprinkle of frantage, not easy to get just a little like that. Well done on sorting out the hosting of the challenge too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning colouring Kat and I love liitle James...beautiful CAS card...

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas Card. Love you wonderful coloring...Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love James Kat and I love how beautifully you've coloured him! You did him PROUD! The sentiment placing, the frantage, the CASimplicity of it, all make for a fabulous creation! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - love this adorable image and the touch of Frantage is perfect.
    Your colouring is awesome.
    Thanks for playing along at AGOAC this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love this Kat. Your colouring is amazing and I really like the font you chose. Stunning! Can I be on you Christmas card list please? X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly CAS Kat... you do this style so well... love the placement of the sentiment and of course, your wonderful colouring! Those classes really are paying off aren't they.. and it's good to be able to see our progress!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh, the switch to a new blog explains why I hadn't seen any of your lovely cards recently! I've been flitting in and out of Blogland whenever the pain lets me (still having wisdom tooth issues, I have an assessment on the first of Sept... I've only been waiting since February!), so I must have missed the announcement. Either way, am following you here now, so hopefully I'll not miss too many more.
    This James card by the way, is utterly gorgeous. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable and gorgeous
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! Love, love, love, love it, Kat! :) Sentiment is so great and fran-tage spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, the frantage looks so lovely and your colouring is amazing!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeously clean and simple and the fur looks fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable Kat...your colouring is totally amazing ! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous card Kat, love everything about it!
    Thanks for entering our 'Christmas in August' challenge. Good luck!!

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on making LOTV's Top 5!!! I just love your card. So CAS and you did a fabulous job coloring!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)