Thursday 21 August 2014

Birthday fairy

Hello lovely people,

I'm on countdown to the lovely long bank holiday weekend now, especially as I have an extra few days off afterwards so won't be back to work until next Thursday :-) 
I may need that time to recover from the beer festival we are going to on Saturday...lol!

Until then, we have a new challenge for you at In The Pink and our theme this month is...

FAIRIES / ELVES

I know this theme will be a big hit with you all and I was certainly spoilt for choice as to which image to use.  However, I hadn't used this lovely Saturated Canary image yet and I also wanted to make a birthday card for a lovely blogging friend and thought this was perfect for her.


I also thought this image would be great for practicing my hair and clothing colouring... well I certainly set myself a challenge!  Apart from the skin I always start by colouring the bit I am most nervous about in case I make a mistake... so where to start here?!  Hair or dress?!  I did the dress first and was so relieved when the hair turned out ok too :-)


Card recipe;
Image: Fairy wishes - Saturated Canary (rubber stamp)
DP: Special delivery (girl) - Pebbles - (available from Hey Little Magpie)
Seam binding: The Ribbon Girl

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E53/43/44
Dress / shoes / wing spots: RV11/32/34/E04
Wand: YR30/Y21/23
Ground: T0/1/2/3/4

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the magical creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.
Also, it is Helene's last challenge with us and we are really going to miss her beautiful work :-(  I also have to say thank you to Helene for showing me how she ties such pretty bows... I used her technique for today's card and love how it looks :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am playing along with;
1.  Inky Chicks (fairies/angels)
2.  A Creative Romance (fantasy)

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kat, you have done a lovely job on the colouring. Enjoy your extended BH weekend! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Kat...this is just beautiful..fabulous colouring and love the the layers and stitching...gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gentle and pretty. Fabulous colouring. I know what you mean and I would have done the dress first. You rocked the colouring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love this! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Kat. I love the pretty image, your colouring looks amazing and the such gorgeous detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beauty Kat and the dress and hair are immaculate!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat this is gorgeous and your colouring looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is so gorgeous and your colouring is absolutely amazing. A really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't just look ok hun, it's GORGEOUS. This card is just stunning, I love the image and of course the colour, and the shading on both the dress and hair is just perfect. ps - how did you know it is my birthday soon!!! LOL
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks so pretty in pink. A gorgeous card Kat.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, just WOW!!!! Your colouring is absolutely superb!!! The detail and the shading it's just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I think you may know how much I LOVE this beautiful card... and it's still sitting on my window ledge! Soooooo Annette... sorry, but you can't have it!! hehe!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Très magnifique Kat!! Absolutely beautiful in fact. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now listen here! making her in pink is not fair! cause your makin say I LOVE pink cause I LOVE your card and you have coloured her so beautifully she's simply stunning! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word hunny, she is stunning!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Kat, when I saw this stunning creation on the 'In The Pink' challenge, I had a sudden sharp intake of breath. Your colouring is beyond PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore your wonderful card Kat! Your coloring on the folds is stunning!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm blown away by your colouring - so beautiful! Such a pretty card with this lovely image. Hope you're enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend and time off!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Kat, so, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kat, I color the same way...pick what is most difficult first so that if I mess up, I can start over and not have wasted my time. I love this card and I am going to 'borrow' how you did the wings on this on a different fairy I am working on that has very large wings and coloring them is proving too much of a challenge for me. I love the papers you've used, too...and pink is a fav of mine so this card caught my attention! Wonderful art work on your blog and I'm enjoying cruising through. Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)