Thursday, 28 May 2015

Time flies

Hello lovely people,

It's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme this time is...

THINGS WITH WINGS

I hope you all love fairies, butterflies, birds... all things winged because we certainly do at In The Pink!

Now here's a little tip for you...
The lace looked just a teensy bit too bright white for this card so I got the sponge that I use to apply my Frayed Burlap distress ink and lightly pressed it over the top of the lace; I didn't add any ink to the sponge and just used the residue on it so it was a really subtle effect.
You won't even be able to tell by looking at the card but it is much better!


I have used another of my new stash of LOTV stamps with a little added sparkle of course!


I made a large pull out tag with space to write a message.

I am wondering if I should have popped some pearls or maybe a sentiment on the front of the card too, but do let me know what you think!


Card recipe;
Image: Time flies - LOTV
DP: Vintage baby & Vintage Summer basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Sparkle: Stardust Stickles
Pearl dots: Viva pearl pen (white)

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E41/43/47
Dress / shoes: RV11/R83/R56
Wings / socks: RV0000/000/11
Dandelion: G20/YG61/63 & E47 & W0/2/3
Grass: G20/YG61/63

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
1.  Deep Ocean (bingo - flowers, stitching, tag)

22 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous cross-over pocket card Kat, lovely subtle shades in the papers and a sweet, beautifully coloured image. Love it, but if you want to add a sentiment maybe some LOTV tiny tag labels would look fine.
Lorraine

Squirrel x said...

Ack! She is way too pretty Kat, what a little darlin', and your colourwork is fab.u.lous as always. Ooh, those papers are a bit tasty, needing some of those ..... sigh. Have a great day hun. Hugs xx

Sue said...

Morning Kat, your card is just perfect...that is one of my favourite Lili images and your colouring is absolutely beautiful, I love your light and shade definition...Your card design is also inspirational, I have never made a cross over card with that darling pocket but think I should definitley give it a go! All just gorgeous...
Sue...xxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Kat. The sweet image is coloured so beautifully, I love the pretty papers and wonderful design.
hugs Sue xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kat
Fabulous card.. Love the cute image perfectly coloured... Gorgeous...
Hugs Sylvie x

Lucy Woods said...

Gorgeous!! Love the pale subtle tones and beautifully coloured image!
Lucy x

Sarah said...

Perfect as it is Kat!! What a little cutie she is and yummy papers too xx

Ali said...

Sooo pretty x

Carole said...

Beautiful card...super image so well coloured and I love the cross over design with tag...brill!

Jennifer Bradley said...

Kat your cross over card is stunning, I adore that image and the colours are superb. I don't think you need a sentiment on the front. The whole design is gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

jimlynn said...

I think it's gorgeous just as is! I'm simply in love with your sewing on cards and this one is no exception! A stunning card Kat!
Lynn

Debs said...

WOW WOW WOW this is simply STUNNING Kat - your colouring is totally awesome and I love the pretty detailing.
Debs xx

Vannessa said...

This is gorgeous Kat and I love the design of your card - might have a go at making one of these for a future ITP challenge!

Hugs, Vannessa x

Annette said...

She's beautiful Kat. One of my favourite images and so beautifully coloured.

Chrissy said...

A gorgeous design Kat and your little Fairy is just gorgeous and beautifully coloured..

luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

She looks fabulous, and i love the soft colours.
Lorraine x

Deborah said...

Stunning card. Your colouring is fab and I love the design and embellishments.
Deborah A

Sanja Grdinić said...

I just love those big pull out tags and yet never make a card with them. :) I leave it to the pros. :)
Great card, Kat!

Brenda said...

I am inspired by your stitching, always such a beautiful touch to your creations. Lovely!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love the design and colours you have chosen, hugs Pops x

Samantha said...

Beautiful card Kat so pretty I know it's pink but you have done a fantastic job of colouring her she is stunning, love your little dots of liquid pearls too.
hugs me xx

Marie-Céline Young said...

Gorgeous. Going to bookmark this! Fantastic colouring, great design, brilliant!