Wednesday 16 December 2015

Merry and bright

Hello lovely people,

I'm going to have to start with another one of 'those' apologies for not visiting my lovely blogging friends over the past week.
I have been concentrating on another big piece of coursework, our internet at home seems to be on snail's pace, I still have loads of Christmas cards to make and I haven't even had time to put my decorations up yet :-(

However, I did at least manage to create something for the new challenge at Creative Inspirations and this week we have the theme...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Our sponsor this week is none other than our lovely Creative Inspirations boss, Natalie, with a  fabulous mystery prize!

Last week I showed you a gift bag I had made and teased you with talk of the matching gift to go in it!
So here it is...a decorated MDF bauble.

Shabby chic bauble decoration

I chose just white flowers for the decoration and tried out some new beaded stamens with them.  They come in little bunches but I pulled one apart and popped individual stamens in where I wanted them.

I chose just white flowers for the decoration and tried out some new beaded stamens with them; I pulled the arrangement apart and popped them in separately though!

I love the mix of fonts on this sentiment and think it suits the shabby chic style of the decoration perfectly.

Shabby chic bauble decoration

Bauble recipe;
DP: Home for the holidays - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Twine: from stash
Sentiment: Pink Petticoat

The DT have made some wonderful samples to inspire you so pop over to Creative Inspirations to take a look :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


9 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, gorgeous bauble, love the colours and those flowers are beautiful. I hope you manage to catch up with everything and just in case you do not blog again before the big day, wishing you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty, love the shabby chic style and muted colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very gorgeous and delicious and I love it ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Kat, love the Maja papers and your beautiful floral details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful perfectly classy & vintage!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat - apologies not required, we are all in the same boat in madness season! Your bauble is truly gorgeous. The colour choice is really inspirational - I love the shabby blueness of it. You have decorated your bauble beautifully - such a pretty cluster of flowers and the sentiment is adorable. I love this Kat...
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bauble!!! I've got our decs up, but not the tree. Need help getting it down from the loft and hubby's not bothered about it, so I can't get him enthused to help. :0( Scrooge!
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Kat, love the pretty papers and design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgous! so pretty! love it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)