Wednesday 2 December 2015

Winter warmth

Hello lovely people,

I have come to the conclusion that I need a time machine and then maybe, just maybe, I could be ready in time for Christmas ;-)

Ok, not going to happen so I'll just crack on with those Christmas cards and meanwhile...

..it's Creative Inspirations challenge time and this week we have the theme...

ANYTHING GOES
with the option to use a sketch

Here's a lovely new sketch for you, or you can use any of the sketches from the Creative Inspirations sketch page


Our sponsor for this challenge is Time for Tea Designs with a prize of 5 digis of the winner's choice


I have done my usual thing of using the sketch but tweaking it a little...so my embellishment cluster grew a little bit and also migrated over to the opposite corner!

Cosy winter birthday card featuring Winter Warmth by Time for Tea Designs

The papers I chose are such soft pastels that I wanted to keep my colouring a little paler than normal, which I find quite tricky with Copics.  So, I just did one layer of each colour rather than my usual two layers and I think it does look a little softer.

Cosy winter birthday card featuring Winter Warmth by Time for Tea Designs

I always find myself reaching for my little letter stamps when I want to personalise cards...although in this case 'Felicity' is entirely fictional and can be replaced with any other name as and when I need to!

Cosy winter birthday card featuring Winter Warmth by Time for Tea Designs

Card recipe;
DP: Vintage frost basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Letter stamps: magazine freebie set

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E41/44/47
Coat / boots: R81/83/85
Hat / scarf / boots: B91/93/97
Hand warmer / pom poms: W00/1/3
Boot soles: W6/7/9
Ground: W00/0/1/2/3/4

The DT have made some gorgeous samples to inspire you so pop over to Creative Inspirations to take a look :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;

12 comments:

  1. Morning Kat...yesterday was FAB!
    Your card today is absolutely beautiful. You have chosen a lovely colour palette and your colouring is exquisite. (Love those boots). The papers are gorgeous and so perfect for the image, plus the colours look wonderful together. Your trademark little cluster is perfectly put together and the Kraft letters are a lovely touch - if I was making up a fictional name though i would go for something shorter because I am lazy!
    All just totally wonderful.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kat... I'm loving everything about this gorgeous card... one look at it and you see how well everything goes together.. then you see the fabulous colours in the image... your colouring really is going from strength to strength - her hair is superb and I LOVE the pink and blue together. Of course, your layers, stitching and gorgeous flowers look perfect on the wonderful Maja paper (which I haven't got yet!). All in all....... I LOVE this card!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kat, love the colours and the whole shabby chic look with the gorgeous papers and flowers. Great coloured image - her hair looks amazing.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto all of the above - and I will fight anyone for those boots! Awesome work hunny. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colouring...10 design .....10 attention to detail...10 all in all Kat...Fabulous darling! (hope you watch strictly or this will be straight over your head)........just in case ...I think it's perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning!! Gorgeous colours and perfect use of the sketch!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's fab Kat, but you've spelt my name wrong on it!!! LOL
    I love those papers and have used them myself this week.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Kat your card is gorgeous! Those papers are to die for and I love the way you have coloured this lovely image. A beautifully creative project.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kat this is flipping gorgeous !!! I ADORE TFT images an d you have rocked this !! love the DP and the blue with the pink, it is just perfect.
    You NEED the sparkle pens lol they are brilliant. Also cannot wait too see what you create from the paper smooches stmaps you got, i am a bit addicted to their stamps. Sending hugs lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kat, she looks adorable and I love the soft colours and all the pretty details.
    I'm no where near ready for Christmas...but I love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Kat....In every way xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Kat..love the papers and the sentiment tags, gorgeous image and colouring too...just gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)