Friday 16 June 2017

You are Mermazing!

Hello lovely people,

As this posts, I will be heading home from a week in Cornwall (near Penzance)  and the weather has been mostly good with quite a bit of sunshine so we did lots of walking and sightseeing.

Oh, and ate a cream tea almost every day...of course!

Today I have a Dies to Die For DT card for you and before I left for holibobs I just had to squeeze in a little play with my mermaid stamps from MFT.  These are from the May release and I already have my June release goodies on the way - lol!

I've also used several elements from one of the MFT Blueprints set.

Cute mermaid card using Mer-mazing stamps by My Favorite Things

Mermaids are perfect for trying out different hair colours and I also LOVE colouring their tails to give a scaly look :-)

I cut out the mermaid and rock with the matching dies and layered them together for my scene; maybe next time I'll also try colouring the background but I do like the quirky look of the DP.

The frame was created by using 2 separate stitched circle dies and then I stacked 3 frames together for depth.

Cute mermaid card using Mer-mazing stamps by My Favorite Things

I have always admired the scattered sequins on other people's cards but never really felt like I could use them effectively on my own...until now!

I was really happy with the sequins on here and it didn't even take me long to place these; it does help to have REALLY pretty sequins - lol!

Cute mermaid card using Mer-mazing stamps by My Favorite Things

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the thumbnails at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04
Hair: V01/05/09
Tail / top: BG000/B00/BG01/02/05/07
Star: Y32/21/35
Rock: W1/2/3/4/5

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;

5 comments:

  1. Glad you have had a lovely holiday. She is so cute, love the colours and layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely, I've just bought her too and am waiting to ink her up. Glad you had a lovely holibobs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream teas, especially of the Thunder and lightning variety, are compulsory in Cornwall surely...so calories don't count!! Such a sweet card Kat and I love the dimension of the frame xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've had a lovely time, fully rested and cream tea'd out :o)
    A gorgeous little image and beautifully coloured too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Kat! Love the way you did the porthole window. Gorgeous image, love Torico's images as Birdie Brown. Super cute mermaid. Love this. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)