Friday 31 March 2017

Double blooms

Hello lovely people,

It's Friday and therefore time for me to tempt you all with my DT card for Dies to Die For and yes, I'm using MORE lovely new stash!

I had lined up my new MFT flower stamps and dies to play around with and came up with a basic design, but then couldn't decide which papers to use.  I had 2 choices, one very modern and one more vintage...so I thought I'd solve the problem by making 2 cards!

Here's #1...

Pink flowers in modern style, using MFT Build-able bouquet stamps and dies

I've stamped the stems directly onto the card and then paper pieced the flowers for this design

Pink flowers in modern style, using MFT Build-able bouquet stamps and dies

Here's #2

Pink flowers in vintage style, using MFT Build-able bouquet stamps and dies

This time I coloured the flowers with Copics and cut them out with the matching dies

Pink flowers in vintage style, using MFT Build-able bouquet stamps and dies

I quickly realised that it was going to take a bit of work to make sure that I got the stamping and die cutting lined up...see those fiddly little stems?!

So, I'm afraid I haven't had time to take photos but I thought I'd share my technique for getting the stamp and die cut perfectly aligned;
- die cut the outline shape from a scrap piece of card
- place the outline on the bottom pad of the MISTI
- place the stamp into the aperture of the die cut then close the MISTI lid so it picks up the stamp
- open the MISTI, place the die cut aperture back over the stamp to double check the alignment
- stamp the flower image onto your cardstock, then colour as desired
- place the die over the top and tape down then die cut
- PERFECT!!

I'm sure you could do the same technique without a MISTI but it definitely makes it a little easier.

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the thumbnails at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



6 comments:

  1. Love these two cards Kat..those flowers are super...more on the wish list...better start doing the lottery me thinks!Fabulous design! have a good weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that stamp and die Kat, your card designs are fabulous. Both CAS and look amazing. Thanks for sharing your technique. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very pretty Kat and look equally gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card Kat - I thought I loved the first one until I saw the second one! - just fabulous in its simplicity have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely, I love them both the same

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh these are fab! I do like both versions, but that vintage feel newsprint paper, I just LOVE it! Plus, you've used gingham on that one, which is a fav' of mine! Love the look of that one in particular, but they're both utterly gorgeous! Love the the diecut line up tip, very clever, as those stems ARE fiddly aren't they?! Gorgeous cards hun, both of them! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)