Friday 24 March 2017

Lighting the candles

Hello lovely people,

I have a Dies to Die For DT card for you today and it's one I made for my nephew...I didn't put an age on the card but can you guess how old he is?!

I was feeling very guilty that I have had the MFT magical dragons in my craft room for at least a couple of months and hadn't used them so I decided to team one of the dragons up with some birthday candles for a fun design.

Birthday card with dragon lighting candles




I used the matching dies to cut out the gorgeously cute dragon so I could have him flying in and lighting up the candles.  I was going to add a little flame but there wasn't really space.

Birthday card with dragon lighting candles


I have a matching stamp set for the candles but decided on this occasion to just cut the candles from DP, and I've added them to the panel with foam pads before wrapping the twine around.

I couldn't resist popping those fab stitched alphabet dies in my basket last week and along with the banner alphabet dies from my previous card, I think they will be very useful; it is lovely to personalise cards and I should do it more often.

Birthday card with dragon lighting candles

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the thumbnails at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Green: YG23/25/17 (& tiny bit of G07)
Red: R24/29/46
Horns / claws: W1/4

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;


Other ingredients;
Ivory button twine - from stash

6 comments:

  1. A lovely, bright coloured card! I love the candles and the dragon, a clever design.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous birhtday card, such a sweet dragon and those candles are super. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these dragons! Lovely card, really like that he's lighting the candles it's too cute :-) Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your card is fabulous Kat.... so bright and colourful and perfect for a boy!! And what a clever idea to have the dragon lighting the candles! I have the dragons in my stash, waiting to be used.. you may have given me inspiration!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this brilliantly clever design Kat and the bright jolly colours are perfect for a youngster too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat this is brilliant hun! Your big '10 year old' nephew is sure to utterly LOVE this gorgeous creation. The candles are fab and that dragon really is so super cute! Love the bright colours, especially that delish apple green. So so gorgeous hunny. I agree it's lovely to personalise cards, then they really do feel handmade 'just for them'. It's a lovely finish and don't tempt me with those stitched letters, I've spent enough lately!! LOL. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)