Friday 21 April 2017

Garden Girl Carnation

Hello lovely people,

It's Friday so it must be time for me to share my latest Dies to Die For DT card!

Today's temptation comes in the shape of one of the new Stamping Bella images.  I treated myself to a few, having spent ages whittling down my wish list to a size that my credit card could handle!

Bold red and black layered card with Tiny Townie Garden Girl Carnation by Stamping Bella

This is my first purchase of one of the gorgeous little garden girls and although I was tempted to use pink, I decided to go with red.

I know red markers can be a bit 'bleedy' but I love colouring in red, although I had to do this image in several sittings to stop me going cross eyed concentrating on all the teeny petal details!


I also coloured this before picking papers which is not like me at all, but I found some lovely bold papers to match and decided on a clean layered design...but with LOTS of stitching!

Bold red and black layered card with Tiny Townie Garden Girl Carnation by Stamping Bella

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the thumbnails at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04
Hair / sash / shoes: T5/7/100
Flowers / dress: R35/37/39
Stem / leaves: YG61/63/67
Ground: W00/W0/T1/T2

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;

12 comments:

  1. STUNNING ......Your colouring is absolutely superb Kat and I love your design with this beautiful stamp.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and the image is stunning. Fabulous colouring and love the background and your famous stitching. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bold and gorgeous in the red Kat..superb colouring and shading and love the image along with the papers and your design..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Kat, the red and black look so striking together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow, absolutely stunning Kat. Your colouring of those petals is fabulous. Love it.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and wowsa, I love how you layered those papers and then matched her dress to the red one. Smokin' good colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striking card & meticulous colouring & stitching. Perfection.
    Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! This is stunning and the colours are so striking too. I love the stitching detail which is just the perfect finishing touch.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, smashing colours. Your stamping is first rate .... what card do you use for your stamping? I use smooth lightweight card but do not get such a brill finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I use Copic Xpress It blending card but also highly recommend Make It Colour blending card. I also use a MISTI stamping tool and it definitely helps me get a clear crisp image. Ink wise, I like Memento in Tuxedo Black. I hope that helps but if you need any more info please drop me an e-mail.

      Delete
  10. Beyond beautiful - I am utterly in love. This is such a joy! Love the red. Stunning. You have brightened my week :-) Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kat, this card is so striking and delish! The red and black combo is fabulous!! Love the papers and your edgy layered design. It's that cutie patootie in her flower dress though that steals the show. Beautifully coloured hun. I utterly LOVE it! Sorry to have been AWOL for a bit. I've been planning little man's 7th birthday party. It went off without a hitch, which gave him a super happy day, so now I can get back to 'real life', hehe. Hope you're having a great week. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)