Sunday 16 April 2017

Lots of roses

Hello lovely people,

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely Easter weekend, maybe with a little chocolate treat from the Easter bunny?!

We have a new 'Use any image' challenge starting over on The Ribbon Girl blog, so you can enter with any type of project as long as you include an image.
There are loads of fab prizes up for grabs too :-)

I've used the recently re-launched House of Roses paper pad from Lemoncraft and it is even better this time round as you get more different designs and the tone is much pinker, which of course I love!

Shabby chic card using Tilda with big big rose and papers/embellishments from The Ribbon Girl


It seems like ages since I used a Magnolia image and it seemed appropriate given that the papers are House of Roses to use a Tilda with a big rose!

I have coloured her with Inktense watercolour pencils.

Shabby chic card using Tilda with big big rose and papers/embellishments from The Ribbon Girl

Just in case the papers and image weren't quite enough, I added paper roses too!

I was going to add some little fishtails in the top left corner but decided to leave it plain for now so I could add a name instead if I wish.

Shabby chic card using Tilda with big big rose and papers/embellishments from The Ribbon Girl

If you find yourself tempted by any of the pretty supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the thumbnails at the end of my post or just pop over to The Ribbon Girl and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,




Inktense colours;
Skin: Baked earth, Madder brown
Hair: Tan, Willow, Oak
Dress / ground: Indian ink
Pink bits: Crimson
Leaf / stem: Light olive

Lovely things I've used from The Ribbon Girl;

Other card ingredients;
Tilda with a big big rose - Magnolia Rubberstamps
Scallop bracket die - La La Land crafts
Fancy flourish die - My Favorite Things
Other flowers - from stash

8 comments:

  1. Ooh yay I was just going to say it's been ages since you used a tilda! And you always do them so well! Just gorgeous design and colours! The papers and embellishments are so pretty too!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kat..love the papers and colours [pink] and sweet Tilda is looking gorgeous in her pencil colouring..FABulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Kat, the papers really are gorgeous and I love the hessian/binding combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Kat, love how you have coloured Tilda and those papers look gorgeous.As always a fabulous design. Enjoy the rest of the Easter break. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous Kat. Such a sweet image and I can see why you fell in love with those papers too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Kat, this is utterly adorable hunny! I love the burlap and kraft and your colouring on that sweet Tilda is beyond perfect. Enchanting card hunny. I utterly love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card. I really need to break out my Tildas again soon, they are sorely neglected lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I am in awe of your ability to stitch around those curves because it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)