Friday 7 April 2017

Jump!

Hello lovely people,

I have a Dies to Die For DT card for you today and after watching my lovely teamie Sue making a cute slider card I just had to give it a go, so here is my very first slider card!



I used a specific circle slider die to cut the channel, but only die cut the top part of it so that the little sheep can jump over the fence...I'm so delighted with how well this idea turned out!


I glued the sheep directly onto a little plastic Spin & Slide disc from MFT and I attached a penny on the other side because the weight of it makes him slide easily.

I can't find a link to the Spin & Slide discs at the moment so I'll add that later if I find it, but they are definitely worth getting hold of because they do make sure the sheep (or whatever you are using) actually slides smoothly and doesn't catch on the edges of the channel.

If you would like to see the sheep in action then check out the video I put up on my Instagram here...I could have made him slide around all day because it's so much fun!

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the thumbnails at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Sheep: W00/0/1/2
Sheep heads / legs / ears: W3/4/5
Sheep hooves: W6/7
Fence: E53/55/57
Flowers: Y35/38 & R81/83 & YR31 for centres
Leaves: YG23/25

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, what a fabulous slider card, love the idea of the sheep jumping the fence. Gorgeous background. Its so cute I just love Love it. ~Oh by the way is was fun watching him jumping. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Kat...a lovely little scene and great for a slider card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Kat, love it.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Kat! I love the sweet scene you've created with the diecuts and those lil' hurdling sheep. Such a fun card. I do love a card that jiggles and moves, so much fun for kiddos, actually, so much fun for anybody! Awesome job for your first one hun, I could swear you've done more! Love it. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! This is an adorable slider card but I have to tell you, my first reaction was 'what? No stitching..?' But then I saw the stitched dies so I guess there really is stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable Kat..loved the video to see him in action..FABulous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, and a great first attempt!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such a delightful card, beautifully constructed and designed. There's something special about the interaction with a kinetic card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)