Friday 4 May 2018

Floating in space

Hello lovely people,

I have a Dies to Die For DT card for you today and since it is International Space Day today I thought I'd link in with that...yes, I'm aware it's also Star Wars Day...a happy coincidence this year!

Handcrafted Space Explorer Card (image is Space Explorer by MFT)

I'm really enjoying creating backgrounds for my characters with Distress Oxides and I especially love the effect of adding water to them. 
I wanted to create a 'spacey' feeling for this one (obviously!) so first I used a spray bottle from overhead to give a misting of fine dots and then added in some bigger splotches with the end of a paintbrush dipped in water.

Handcrafted Space Explorer Card (image is Space Explorer by MFT)

I love how cute his little silver tubing looks but please don't ask me why it goes into the eyelet on the sentiment...it was one of those 'I just thought it looked cool' moments!  I guess not everything has to make sense in crafting...it's just art!

Handcrafted Space Explorer Card (image is Space Explorer by MFT)

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for popping in to my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!



Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;
Space explorer stamp set - My Favorite Things
Space explorer Die-namics - My Favorite Things
A2 stitched rectangle STAX 2 - My Favorite Things
Inside and out stitched circle STAX - My Favorite Things

Copic colours;
Skin: E50. E51, E21, E70
Hair: E53, E35, E57
Spacesuit: C00, C1, C2
Darker grey bits of spacesuit: C2, C3, C4
Blue details: B02, B04, B06
Green details: YG06, YG07, YG09

Distress Oxide colours;
Seedless Preserves
Wilted Violet
Mermaid Lagoon (very tiny amount)


Other ingredients;
Silver twine from stash

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card Kat and so very well designed. I like the addition of the silver wire...wherever it leads, I think it is very clever, and loving your background too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. TFS. I got sent to your blog from a link on Pinterest saying you have an easy take on doing a starburst card! Oh I've looked and looked for ever (it seems lol) for the card using this technique but I'm sorry to say I can't find it anywhere. Do you know where the tutorial you've done for the starburst is please? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, I'm really sorry but I don't think I have ever done a tutorial for this technique on my blog. I have done a Masterclass in Papercraft inspirations magazine with basic and advanced cards so maybe this is what the link was for? It was issue 167 so you may be able to get a back copy if you wanted it.

      Delete
  3. Super cutie! Love these Birdie Brown image from MFT. You know you totally made me buy the wee dragons after seeing your makes with them! Love those cuties and this one is now on my 'Wish List' too. LOL. Fab card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)