Friday 30 November 2018

Elf bonanza!

Hello lovely people,

I have not one, not even two, but THREE projects to share for my Dies to Die For DT post this week!

I wanted to share a variety of ideas for using the Mama Elephant Little Agenda stamps because yes, they are utterly adorable but isn't it hard sometimes to create designs with such teeny images?!

There are lots of different Little Agenda sets but I've chosen to use the gorgeous cheeky elves, so it's an elf bonanza!

For my first project I've used polaroid frames as I think this is just perfect to add a selection of images.

If you didn't have polaroid dies this would work really well with the images matted onto squares or circles of coloured card.


I've kept to traditional colours for this card and added a little sparkle to the hats...that was a challenge as the area I wanted to sparkle was sooooo tiny - lol!


The small size of the images makes them perfect for tags and these mini scalloped tags are so pretty they don't need any extra detail; I just stamped straight onto the tags.


I've coloured on Kraft just for a change, and gone with a less traditional colour scheme.


Finally I wanted to show that you can still make a decent size card using just one tiny image; this card is slightly smaller than A6.


Layering up some frames adds interest around the image and don't be afraid to leave a big area of white space around your image as it will just make it pop!


Are you fed up of elves after all that?!

Nope, me neither...I could play with these cuties all day long - lol!

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links below or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for popping in and I hope you have a fabulous day!



Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;
Little elf agenda - Mama Elephant
Scallop tags trio - Mama Elephant
Polaroid fun - Mama Elephant
Polar pals - Mama Elephant (for the sentiment on the polaroid card)
Large dotted square stackables - Lawn Fawn
Blueprints 31 - My Favorite Things
Slim tags trio - Mama Elephant (2 spliced together for the tag on the elf with star card)
Stitched circle scallop frames - My Favorite Things
Reveal wheel holiday sentiments - Lawn Fawn

Other ingredients;
papers and twine - from stash

Copic colours;

Skin: E50, E51, E21, E11
Hair: E23
Red: R35, R37
Green: YG03, YG25
Pink: R81, R83, R85
Aqua: BG10, BG11, BG34
Bells: Y35, Y17
Paper: E40
Ground: T1, T2, T3

Copic colours on Kraft;
Skin: E000, E30, E11
Hair: E25
Blue: BG01, BG02
Purple: V15, V17
Green / red / bells / ground: as above

1 comment:

  1. I love your little elves Kat...especially the red and green ones..they seem to really pop and I love how you have put them in the polaroid frames. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)