Thursday 13 November 2014

KISSmas tree

Hello lovely people,

It's time for a new challenge at In The Pink and our theme this month is...

KISS
(that's Keep It Sweet & Simple!)

I really haven't been making many cards lately that could be considered KISS although it is a style I love.  So, I did something completely different for me and used up lots of scraps of DP as well!


I rolled each paper strip quite tightly so the tree is quite sturdy and popped the star and pot on foam pads then sprinkled on a few pearls and enamel dots.
The teeny letters are from a stamp set that came free with a magazine and they have come in very handy a few times now!


Card recipe;
DP: Lost & Found - Madison Avenue - MME
Bakers twine: The Ribbon Girl
Corrugated card/pearls/enamel dots: from stash

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;

24 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Kat, great for reducing the scrap box too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta do this, GOTTA do this!! LOVE it as you know already Kat.... where did you get the idea from?? Or was it that wonderful imagination of yours?? I'm going to be upstairs rolling all day!! hehe

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Kat. I LOVE the design and pretty papers.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kat!! I've seen the rolled tree idea before, but never done quite so prettily. And the little piece of corrugated card is just perfect. Love this! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Kat, so different for you but still perfect. Gorgeous pink tree. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab! I love it. Absolutely fab idea. It's such a pretty card. I'm definitely going to give it a go :-) Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may just be a great way to use up some scraps but it is GORGEOUS. I love it.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding!!!!! So pretty and a wonderful use of the scraps of design paper!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing card Kat. So different and so clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat
    Got to try this card.... Stunning... Papers are gorgeous....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous and the papers are beautiful.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card Kat ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this so much! A wonderful design and a great way to use your pretty papers - so inspiring!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Kat, you nailed this one. Brilliant design and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hiya Kat, hope all is good with you. This is stunning, really do love the dimension, it works perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous, love it. Thank you for playing along with us at A LITTLE BIT CRAFTY this month & the very best of luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and brilliant for using up scraps, may have to have a go myself, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kat I love how you have created this gorgeous Christmas tree it makes a beautiful card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I just love this card. It is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a brilliant job you did it's stunning xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Kat, a beautiful idea and loving the papers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant I might just have to CASE this! LOVE it xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)