Thursday 27 November 2014

Finishing touches

Hello lovely people,

I seem to have developed a thing recently for having several cards on the go at once.  It was getting a bit silly when I had 7, yes 7, half finished cards on my desk... and I was running out of space to craft in!
So, I have finished 5 of the 7 cards and consequently will have lots to share with you over the next few weeks :-)

First up is my card for our new challenge at In The Pink and our theme this time is...

DIE CUTS AND/OR PUNCHES

I have made a buckle card and if you want more details of how to make one of these, check out my tutorial here.
The die cut swirl I have used is a firm favourite of mine especially as you can cut it up to fit where you want it and create slightly different shapes.


The 'buckle' slides out from under the image panel like so...


The inside is decorated both to look pretty and to hide the buckle mechanism.


I used my fave little bear, sweet James from LOTV, and I'm sorry to say this rubber stamp has now been discontinued :-(


The fishtails for the sentiment were cut by hand and I used foam pads to add some dimension to them.


Card recipe;
DP: Vintage frost basics - Maja Design(available from Live and Love Crafts)
Dies:Leaf and swirl - Magnolia Doohickey
Tag: Christmas sentiment tags - LOTV
Snowflake charm: Snowflake 1 charm - The Ribbon Girl

Copic colours;
Fur: not entirely sure as I coloured his fur a while ago but I usually use E41/42/43 and maybe E44
Hat / scarf: RV91/93/95
Ground / fur on hat: W00/0/1/2

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Challenges I am entering;
1.  LOTV (Merry Christmas)
2.  Bunny Zoe's Crafts (snow)
3.  A Creative Romance (something old - this is one of my oldest  LOTV stamps but comes out to play every year!)

15 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kate, adorable James coloured so beautifully and gorgeous papers. I love all your pretty detailing too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely STUNNING... I just LOVE it! And I now have to have a go at a buckle card!! Will you stop adding pressure to my already full list of things 'to do' please by showing me these wonderful cards?? hehe!

    Big Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my giddy aunt... I think I've now seen the perfect Christmas card! (well, for me anyway, not sure it'd be as perfect for those pesky male peoples...)
    The colour, the paper, the cute "buckle", and of course the gorgeous James... LOVE it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful hun - I adore absolutely everything you have done, fabulous design, so neatly finished, and of course handsome James, wow, just want to run my fingers through his fur! Awesome and brilliant card hun. I am so cross that this stamp has been retired (I had him already, and bought a spare, just in case) but I reckon he must have been one of the best sellers ever. Rambling again..... Huggles to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kat and what a wonderful design, may have to have a go!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card....and that colouring of James is superb! Love the buckle idea...must pop back and watch your tutorial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty design, Kate. You and James really do have a special bond. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card hunny I LOVE your colouring, awesome! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Kat, love the detail. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so beautiful, Kat!! I love every single element!

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning. Love your colouring and the papers are gorgeous.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat
    Fabulous card... Love this cute stamp.... And fabulous papers... Thanks for the Tut....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS IS GORGEOUS Kat. I just love this image, and the papers are fab. I'll have to take a peep at your tutorial too. The buckle card looks fab. I really love this one.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty Kat. Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Merry Christmas' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning, as always! Such a gorgeous design, beautiful colouring and perfect details. I look forward to seeing your finished creations. I tend to always have several things on the go at once and it makes a big crafty mess! :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)