Sunday 30 November 2014

Tilda in red

Hello lovely people,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  I certainly did although it involved more drinking and dancing with friends than crafting!

I said I had lots of cards to share with you and it will be no surprise that a lot of them are Christmas cards!
This one is using the absolutely stunning new DP collction from Maja Design; I think the red/grey/white colour scheme is so elegant; I have used mainly the white and pale grey papers here.


Yes, that is a new Tilda!  I managed to keep to my resolution of just buying one stamp from the latest collection and this was a stand out favourite for me.


I opted for something a little different to my usual 3D paper flowers to embellish and cut these poinsettias with my Cricut from the lovely red DP.


Card recipe;
Image: Christmas Candle Tilda, from Waiting for Christmas collection
DP: A gift for you - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Dies: Anja's vintage swirls - Marianne Design
Sentiment: cut from DP, plus free alphabet stamps for names

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E50/43/44
Coat - hat: R27/46/39/89
Fur on hat: W00/0/1/2
Glove / boots: W3/4/5/6
Candle: YR30/31 & Y21/23/38
Foliage: YG93/95/97 & R46/39
Ground: W00/0/1/2/3/4

I hope you are all starting to feel festive - has anyone got their tree up yet?!


Challenges I am playing along with;
1. Marvellous Magnolia (anything goes Christmas)
2.  Sweet Magnolia (use a die cut)
3.  Tilda's Town (it's winter)
4.   The Ribbon Girl (Magnolia only - Christmas)
5.  As You Like It (fave Christmas style - I tend to go for a traditional feel as it suits the images I like to use but do enjoy using non-traditional colours to give it my own twist)
6.  Simon Says Stamp (anything goes)

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kat I love your poinsettia. I have put one of my trees up will wait for the next one as it will be a real one. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kat, your colouring of sweet Tilda is stunning. I love the papers and beautiful poinsettia too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card...fabulous colouring and those papers are gorgeous! Next weekend for trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Kat! Your colouring is fabulous, and your poinsettias are lovely! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tilda was a wise choice Kat. She's beautiful, as is the rest of this lovely card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Kat! Fabulous red colouring which is always so difficult! Loving those new papers, which I hadn't seen yet (will have to rectify that!).. and your layout and design - gorgeous as always!

    Glad you had a good weekend... And no, my tree isn't up yet!! Maybe in a week or so? LOL! I have so many decorations... we end up having to get about 7 boxes from the loft.. it's almost like moving house!

    Big Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Kat, a lovely design and papers, I love the cute beautifully coloured Tilda and gorgeous poinsettias!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Tilda. She's lovely. Fab card Kat.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that red is so deep... Love the coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a very sweet card :) thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card, living your colours and pretty papers. Told a looks so cute in Red. Thanks for sharing over on AYLI. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Kat. The image is adorable and those papers look fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Love your choice of colors and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Kat. Your colouring is fab and I love the papers/colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally gorgeous, I love the beautiful flowers and your lettering looks perfect!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)