Monday 5 October 2015

CAS flowers on Kraft

Hello lovely people,

I have a pair of cards to share with you today that I made a few months back when I was having a play with some new Clearly Besotted stamps.

I thought these stamps would be perfect for cute CAS designs, which I would really like to do more of as a change to my more fussy stamped and layered cards.

I have always loved the look of colouring on Kraft especially with white embossed lines.  It can be tricky to choose colours that work well as lighter colours just look a bit muddy on Kraft, so the first one I did was a nice hot pink...are you shocked?!

CAS card with white embossed and coloured flowers (Clearly Besotted stamp)

I decided these would make perfect birthday cards for a couple of wonderful blogland friends so I did another one in blue...to better suit the recipient!

I also made the blue one up slightly differently with a white border and think they both look good.

CAS card with white embossed and coloured flowers (Clearly Besotted stamp)

To get the flower stems all lined up at the bottom, I just masked off the bottom of the Kraft card with some scrap paper.  TOP TIP: Do not do this with a Post-it note if you are going to emboss...the powder will get stuck to where the note was...Doh!

When it came to stamping the sentiment, I just moved the scrap paper down a little and used that as a guide to placement.

CAS card with white embossed and coloured flowers (Clearly Besotted stamp)

Card recipe;
Image: Scribbled flowers - Clearly Besotted
Sentiment: A little sentimental - Clearly Beostted
Embossing powder - Opaque bright white - Wow! - from Clearly Besotted
Pearls - The Hobby House

Copic colours;
RV17/34/69
B04/06/37

I can hardly believe what a long post that was for such CAS cards!
I think a lot of us crafters find that CAS designs take a lot longer than you think because the placement of the elements has to be just right, and also there is no room to hide any mistakes so everything has to be done really carefully!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
Papertake Weekly (embossing)

18 comments:

  1. These are lovely Kat, a super floral stamp and just prefect for these CAS designs.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning CAS cards Kat, I love the design and colours. As you say CAS cards are harder to do because one mistake will show up like a sore thumb, not so with these my friend, they are perfect. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous CAS cards Kat. I like the white on kraft card and your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful Kat and I'm pleased to see that the trademark stitching is still in evidence. You are quite right about CAS cards, I faff for ages!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Kat, love the pretty flowers and the colours look fab on the kraft background.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS certainly aren't simple!!! Who on earth names them that!!! Haha I was trying to do one this weekend and it just didn't go to plan so I've gone back to my comfort zone with it and much happier :-P
    These are so simply stunning and so effective! Worth the effort!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are gorgeous Kat..the white is so stark..stands out beautifully on the kraft card and love your CAS designs.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think anything you do could shock me anymore Kat, lol! These are gorgeous, classic CAS but with a twist. The white embossing on the kraft is so effective, as are the colours you chose. I agree that some colours muddy up but these are great. Brilliant m'love! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're gorgeous Kat, And a great tip about the post it note, I would not have thought the 'glue' would stick like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both. Perfect CAS Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh gorgeous designs Kat! Great stamps and colours, love the white embossing :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these CAS designs Kat - beautifully done :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfully CAS cards Kat....... LOVE the design and those flowers.... and of course, I'm not shocked at all at the pink one....... in fact, as you may guess, it's my favourite!! LOL!

    And you're so right that CAS take the longest often!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Kat. Love the effect of white on Kraft. Also love Thursday card.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this design Kat - have to say I'm rather partial to the pink! - i might just have to get my Kraft card out to colour on - I have to say I've always been a bit scared of it - yours look fab embossed in white xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kat, these are truly beautiful. Gorgeous stylish CAS designs - totally exquisite in every way...you are a really talented and genius lady.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love this one but then you know that right!
    hugs me xx




    PS we are having a dt call at ABC Christmas challenge !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)