Thursday 22 October 2015

Pretty pastels

Hello lovely people,

It's another exciting day for me today...no, not another DT...lol!
This morning I am off for coffee (and maybe cake?!) with a lovely lady I met in blogland (that's you Sue!) and I am very excited to meet her in person!

Meanwhile, it's time for a new challenge at As You Like It and our theme this time is...

YOUR FAVOURITE...BRIGHTS OR PASTELS
...and don't forget to tell us why it's your favourite!

Our sponsor this time is Sweet Pea Stamps

I am definitely a fan of pastels as I love the soft romantic look they give, and I was in a purple mood for this floral design; my fave colour after pink!

Lilac floral card featuring 'Summer Bunch' by LOTV

If this looks quite a vibrant pastel colour then it may just be the computer screen; I find this looks different on my 2 screens and it is properly pastel IRL!

Lilac floral card featuring 'Summer Bunch' by LOTV

The sentiment was generated on my computer so I could fit it on this cute tag and I love to layer tags up with twine and a charm; it looks so sweet!

Lilac floral card featuring 'Summer Bunch' by LOTV


Card recipe;
DP: Vintage Spring basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Seam binding: Sky mauve lilac seam binding - The Ribbon Girl
Lace: from stash
Dies: Large frames frilly #7 - Go Kreate, heart swirl and teal label tags - Magnolia Doohickeys
Sentiment: done on computer
Charm: Daisy chain - The Hobby House

Copic colours;
Flower petals: BV01/02/04/08
Flower centres: YR23/24/27/E37
Leaves / greenery: YG61/63/67
Pot: E41/42/43
Ground: W00/1/2/3/4

I hope you will pop over to As You Like It and check out the beautiful creations from the rest of the team :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
Fussy and Fancy (orange, black or purple)
Papertake Weekly (all about the base)

19 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a beauty Kat! Perfect layering, and I love the flowers! don't think I have that one yet!
    My favourite colour, though I am fond of both brights and pastels. I get bored easily, so always feel the need to vary. If I *had* to pick a fave, it'd be neither bright, nor pastel, but neutrals instead, lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Kat. Love the flowers, the shape the pretty papers.
    Enjoy your coffee.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Kat - I love the colour combo and lovely clean design. I don't kniw if I could choose between bright or pastel! - depends on the image - probably 'muted' would be my sit on the fence choice lol hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty indeed Kat, the card shape is a great frame for those pretty papers and that gorgeous stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely stunning!! Love the gorgeous design and colours!
    Coffee and cake!!! Can I come pleeease hehe!! There should be no "maybe" about the cake though!! Lol!!
    Have fun girls!
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shape of this beautiful card and your gorgeous colouring Kat, perfectly finished off with just the right amount of lace, ribbon and details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card. Those flowers look like you could pick them. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kat .. Love the colours...
    Sorry I have been missing for a while...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kat, Your card is simply beautiful, the colours are so pretty and love the card design and choice of colour is one of my favourite. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat... this is absolutely gorgeous...... I'm loving that floral image and your colouring in purple looks so good! The layout is perfect and the little charm finishes it off so well.

    So....... a blue one.... and a purple one....... hope you're back with a pink one soon!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x
    PS... Hope you enjoyed your meet up with lovely Sue! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Kat. I really love the colour. Fab shape too.
    Hope you had a fun time with Sue.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Kat! you know how to make a girl blush!! I had a super morning, it was wonderful to meet you - I knew you would be lovely and you are! Plus the 'weight watcher's' (-; cake was just a pleasant add on!!
    Anyway, your card is total gorgeousness. Your expert colouring looks beautiful and I just love your beautiful card design. The colours look perfect together and I adore the pretty touches of the seam binding and the charm - a real pleasure to look at all round Kat.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Kat, I love the image, beautiful colour and such a pretty design.
    I hope you had a fabulous time meeting up with Sue.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Kat! Love those blooms perfect colouring on those. Maja papers, my fav! Beautiful card shape, papers and design. Gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully coloured image Kat..love the papers and layers and fabulous card shape..gorgeous..hope you had a lovely meet up with Sue and got some cake too..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty Kat & your colouring is just perfect :o)
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once again, breathtaking! Your stitching and coloring blow me away everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Kat. Your colouring is fab. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  19. How pretty! I love florals and it's hard to find some really nice images but this one is gorgeous.
    Great shaped card, pretty papers and perfect stitching and colouring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)