Wednesday 28 October 2015

New home

Hello lovely people,

I'm off to Ikea this morning to buy new furniture for my craft room!  I'm so excited...even though it will have to be a very organised and quick trip round with no deviation from the shopping list to avoid any tantrums from Dr. Hubby!

While I'm probably trying to work out how to fit all my lovely new stuff into the car, here's the new Creative Inspirations challenge and this week we have a little photo inspiration for you...


Our prize this week is a £20 gift certificate from Craftie Charlie


The photo inspired me to use both the gorgeous brown and teal colour scheme and to choose an image with birds on.
I pretty much never make new home cards so this was fun!

New home card featuring Bird House stamp by Hobby Art

I bought this stamp ages ago at a Hobbycrafts show and yep, you guessed it...first outing today!
How often do I find myself saying that?!

I tried for a woodgrain effect on the birdhouse and I've seen better but I'm fairly happy with this as a first attempt.
I'm less happy with my slightly dodgy photo since I had to take it in artificial light :-(

New home card featuring Bird House stamp by Hobby Art


Card recipe;
Image: Bird House - Hobby Art
DP: Welcome Home - Bo Bunny (a very old collection!)
Dies: Tea label tags and Heart swirl - Magnolia Doohickeys

Copic colours;
Bird house: E31/34/44/47
Birds: E50/51/53/55
Hearts: BG57/07/09
Flowers: YR31/Y23/YR23
Leaves: YG17/G07/G28

The DT have made some wonderful samples to inspire you so pop over to Creative Inspirations to take a look :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Challenges I am entering;
to follow

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, I really like this card, I love the choice of colours. The bird house has been coloured beautifully as has the rest of the image. I love the background papers used and the layout is great. Enjoy shopping for your new furniture . Hugs Jennifer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fabulous Kat and the wood effect is outstanding!! Happy Shopping!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely . Happy shopping xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab colouring, the wood looks amazing. Have fun today x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card hun, have a fun day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kat and the wood bird house is fab. Have fun at Ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a fun time in Ikea, love that shop.
    A beautiful card too Kat, love the colour choices and your beautiful colouring of the image - really gorgeous.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to run out of superlatives for your cards Kat...... this is again another superb card - matching the colour inspiration so well....... in fact the shades of blue you've achieved are so perfectly 'kingfisher like' - you couldn't have got closer! Well done on the woodgrain effect too.... I THINK we may need a tutorial on that one! Loving that tag too.. that may just have to be added to my wish list! I've got to say what I always think - your cards are always an inspiration!

    I know the problems this week taking pics of cards in what we laughingly call daylight... I've been using my OTT-lite constantly - but even that changes the colours - pink in particular! And talking pink...... please don't get too carried away with these other wonderful colours and neglect your fav!!

    Now...... hope you have a fab spend at Ikea... my craft room is full of their stuff.... including one of those duck egg blue kitchen trollies..... so handy! Hope you didn't take the Caterham to get your purchases in!! hehe

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Kat, and I love your colouring. The pic looks great to me despite the lighting issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeouis Kat..love the image and fabulous colouring, a beautiful new home card..have fun shopping..we don't have those stores here..what a shame..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous card Kat. Love the birdhouse, and fabulous colour scheme.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kat, Your card is beautiful. I have never seen that image before - I love it. The colours you have chosen look wonderful together and i love your pretty card design. Your colour work is beautiful and I am very much in awe of your ability to colour wood which is another one on my banned list!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)