Thursday 31 March 2016

Floral gift bags

Hello lovely people,

My currently running countdowns;

25 sleeps until holibobs!

19 sleeps until the final exams for my prescribing course!

1 sleep until our new car arrives!


And no more sleeps until the new challenge at In The Pink because it's here today and our theme this time is...

DIES/PUNCHES
Don't forget we want to see more pink than any other colour!

Our fabulous sponsor this time is Dies to Die For with a £10 voucher

I have made a little gift bag and although I made one like this before it was quite a while ago so I had to work out how to make it all over again!

I really wanted this version to have a little flap over the top, and decided to use a brad and piece of elastic to make the closure.

This seemed like a great idea until it came to attaching the elastic...uh oh!
I'm guessing a hot glue gun would have worked a treat but I don't have one of those so ended up using a very large blob of Glossy Accents, which worked a treat.

Small gift bag

I made a pair of these to fill with choklit eggs to give to some lovely friends as an Easter treat :-)

Small gift bag

Naturally I decorated the front with some pretty flowers and die cuts ;-)

Small gift bag






Bag recipe;
DP: available as digi download from Nitwit Collections
Tag: Sentiment tags - LOTV
Dies: heart swirl - Magnolia Doohickeys
Punch: Double dot scallop - Martha Stewart
Charm: Daisy chain - The Hobby House

If you haven't already done so then do pop over to In The Pink and check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Pink Ladies.

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



23 comments:

  1. Hi Kat do you mind me asking how you make those twirly things (technical term) that go with the flowers? Is it paper or wire or do you buy them ready made?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      Of course I don't mind you asking and I'm glad I can help!
      The roses I buy have long stems so I just curl these around a cocktail stick and trim to the length of twirl I want.
      They do look cute don't they?!
      Hugs, Kat xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous gift bag Kat, I love the design and of course the PINK. Exciting times ahead for you by the sound of it. Enjoy them all. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Kat, I always love pink and kraft together - and your little baggie shows that perfectly! Clever fastening too - even though you had a struggle with the elastic! Gorgeous flowers finish off a perfect creation!

    Enjoy your new car!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty Kat, love the design and sweet papers you have used. Your beautiful flowers and die cuts finish it off a treat.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful makes Kat....I like the pink and Kraft. Hubby bought me a Bosch glue pen for Christmas...a neat bit of kit and ideal for sticking flowers ets. (not on commission here...lol...no affiliation to Bosch) Good luck with the upcoming exams, I am sure you will sail through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat, this is truly gorgeous, and I know this as it is currently sat on my mantlepiece (-;
    You are super talented. This wonderful bag is beautifully made with fabulous attention to detail and it looks exquisite. oh my...is n't the time flying by!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful bag Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! Most gorgeous gift bag I've ever seen! Think I'd be more excited about receiving this than the choccy inside and that's saying something for me!! Lol
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kat, that's a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat, sounds like you have lots of lovely things to look forward too! I love the gift bag this is so pretty!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful creation. This is just my cup of tea. Just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those are some pretty epic countdowns! Yay for the new car tomorrow, how fabulous! Gorgeous Easter treat bag. Love the design and the wee elastic and brad fix, inspired! I bet your friends utterly loved it! Hope you got my message yesterday about winning one of the bonus prize candy's on my blog. I did a little happy dance for you already! :) Big hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. Love the papers and all the gorgeous flowers and papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous Kat, love the kraft and pink and the closure looks great :)
    Playing catch up on commenting, sorry its a bit late.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Kat..would make a wonderful gift.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya Kat, looks of lovely things to look forward too :)
    This is lovely, i love the brad and flowers :)
    Hope you have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous LOVE the kraft too! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous gift bag Kat, I love the scallop flap and the charm. Great idea using elastic to secure it.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)