Wednesday 16 March 2016

Triple layer flowers

Hello lovely people,

It's Creative Inspirations challenge time and we have the theme...

NATURE

Our sponsor this time is Petal Lu with an amazing offer of 30% off an order!

I really wanted to try out a new technique to me of triple layer stamping that I had seen in a recent card making magazine and since I didn't have a single large floral stamp, I used a selection of smaller flowers to make my design.

Triple layer stamped floral card




There were quite a few times in the making of this card I really wished I hadn't tried to do something new...

#1 - when the masking tape holding the layers together stuck too hard and nearly ripped my card

#2 - when I got a huge splat of Copic ink on the panels after colouring about 80% of the flowers  (yes, that's what the ribbon is hiding!)

#3 - when trying to line the panels back up after layering them onto the dark grey card

So, after all that I am not sure I like it, but I think that might just be down to the trauma of making it - lol!
It might grow on me!

And I do like the colouring with little dots of sparkle on the stamens...which is much better IRL than in the photos of course!

Triple layer stamped floral card


Card recipe;
Flowers: Spring flowers - Honey Doo Crafts plus tiny flower stamp from stash
Sentiment: Clearly Besotted
Ribbon: from stash
Sparkle: Stardust Stickles

Copic colours;
Pink flowers: R81/83/85
Purple flowers: BV000/01/04
Blue flowers: B21/23/26
Flower centres: W00/1

The DT have made some wonderful samples to inspire you so pop over to Creative Inspirations to take a look :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


19 comments:

  1. I love it Kat, so pretty with lovely colours and the sparkle. Beautiful card :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it the trauma because it is wonderful (but does sound like a lot of work!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow hun, you always manage to take my breath away - this is so gorgeous! LOVE IT! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and a technique I haven't tried , so hats off to you and take a bow...its brilliant...trauma or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is bloody genius and so beautiful! Even if you did end up distressed and traumatised afterwards lol!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card... Kat... Great idea.. Love the flowers
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty Kat and well worth the effort!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to try this technique for ages and this is so pretty I must give it a go. Shame that sparkle never shows up on the photos but I am imagining it. Very pretty colours well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty Kat and a very effective technique.... you're right in that you're too close to it to see clearly!! LOL! And I did giggle reading your three reasons... particularly the splat one - I thought it was only me that did stuff like that!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well worth the effort Kat, it's GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well worth it Kat, a very pretty card, love the colours and flowers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would say it was worth the trauma Kat - it's so pretty, but i know how you feel when a good idea goes bad you feel like just binning the whole thing (well I do when I do things like that lol!) Waiting to see your next one!! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kat, well my friend I must say you have done a fabulous job on this card, I love this technique and yes it does take a little practice but the end result is worth it. I love how you have coloured it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, that is so striking Kat! What a cool technique hun!! Love the pretty stamp combo and the pearly dots on the stamen. Your hard work was totally worth it! So nice to read your journey, and to know I'm not the only crafter who has 'Pinterest Fail' moments during my crafting! LOL. Time for a stiff drink me thinks! Big hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried not to laugh Kat but your post was quite funny...sorry lol. Your card turned out great actually. I love the stamps you've used. You realise when you try this again you will fly through. I've done this method once and looking at your card I may have another go at it x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Considering the TRAUMA you went through Kat the end result is just stunning...gorgeous card and love the technique..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Kat I love how you have done this card so pretty! and but also C&S! way to go! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never tried this technique before of triple stamping, will have to give it a go as it looks beautiful. Lovely colours you have chosen here for the flowers.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)