Thursday 10 March 2016

Fairy with unicorn

Hello lovely people,

I've just completed the last 2 study days in Bath for my prescribing course and the next time I'm there it will be for the final assessments - eek!

So I think I deserve a few days of relaxation now and I have some exciting crafty things coming up soon that I can't talk about yet but will certainly keep me busy!

But now it's time for a new challenge at As You Like It


and our theme is...

YOUR FAVOURITE...type of embossing
...and don't forget to tell us why it's your favourite!

Our sponsor this time is Freckled Fawn with a $15 gift card


I don't use any form of embossing very much but when I do, it's always the Frantage that I reach for because it is so pretty and perfect for creating a magical feel.

Handmade card with fairy and unicorn (image from Polka Doodles)

I went back to my Copics to colour this lovely fairy and her unicorn, and added a few pearly dots around the image.

Handmade card with fairy and unicorn (image from Polka Doodles)


Card recipe;
DP: My precious daughter - Pion Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Dies: Fanciful trim - Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions
Charm - star charm - The Ribbon Girl
Embossing powder: Shabby white embossing enamel - Stampendous
Pearl dots: Nuvo crystal drops (neptune) - Tonic Studios

Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Hair: E53/35/59
Dress: BG72/75
Wings: BV0000/00/V20/22/25
Unicorn body: W00/0/1/2/3/4
Unicorn hair: V20/22/25

I hope you will pop over to As You Like It and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team :-)

I hope you are all well and I'm off to craft up a storm!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


22 comments:

  1. Wowzers hun! Oh she is just so pretty, love her! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.... WOW...... AND TREBLE WOW!!! This is fabulous Kat...... your hair colouring really is out of this world as is the rest of the colouring.... look at the mane!!!! A truly fabulous card!

    I'm confident you'll do well at your final assessment - so yes, you do deserve some play time... enjoy! And I can't wait to hear about your exciting crafty things!!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kat...that hair is fab-u-lous! super , super card.....one very clever young lady all round i guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Absolutely stunning colouring!! She looks amazing!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Kat, the image looks fab and so beautifully coloured.
    Your course seams to have gone really quickly, good luck with your final assessment
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stupendous example of your talent Kat, such beautiful details and your colouring is stunning on this magical image. I love the papers, colours and pretty stitched layers, well all of it!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just know that your final assessments will be a breeze as you have worked really hard. Yes its about time for a little R and R. Must say your card is fabulous. the image has been beautifully coloured and the card design is just gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's GORGEOUS Kat, Love the frantage too. Good luck on your final assessments. I can't believe your course is over so soon. It only feels like yesterday that you were starting it. Hope it all goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW what a stunner!!!!! Beautiful image - of course stunning colouring and I love the touches of Frantage.
    Can't wait to hear all about your crafty news :o)
    Debs xx

    p.s 7 sleeps to go - yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a magical card Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty image kat and the colours you've used are just perfect - love the simplicity of this lovely cards hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning absolutely gorgeous....I could go on and on lol I think this might be my favourite of your amazing cards to date. The colouring, the colours, the papers love it all :) Cant wait for your crafty news, sounds exciting !
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this image and your colouring is gorgeous. I do prefer the look of Copics. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just one word - STUNNING.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Kat..what a gorgeous image and coloured beautifully..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magical is the operative word for this gorgeous creation. I love it Kat and so agree with you about the Frontage embossing powder, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kat this is utterly stunning hun. That image is enchanting and the way you've coloured her breathtaking. I love the papers and the pretty diecut behind the image. This is a dreamy, beautiful creation hun. Hugs, Wends x (Did you see my wee hat tip in my Paper pieced 'Audrey' card? Loved your teacups card!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sigh, I looooove your colouring. Your card is so beautiful, Kat. Gorgeous colours and layout. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a lovely card, you should get your markers out more often...

    hugs from France, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty love the colours too! Gorgeous sprinkle of Frantage :)
    hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)