Thursday 24 March 2016

Vintage layered wedding card

Hello lovely people,

Yes, I am still here!
Some of you may be forgiven for wondering where I have been and I'm sorry I haven't been visiting your blogs much of late but things are so hectic right now.
I have decided to stop beating myself up over it, get on track with everything else and hopefully I'll soon be able to get back to checking out all your lovely creations :-)

For now, it's time for a new challenge at As You Like It and our theme is...

YOUR FAVOURITE...LINE (from the bingo board)
...and don't forget to tell us why it's your favourite!

This is the board and I have chosen fussy & fancy, lace and pearls, which is probably no surprise because you know how much I love to layer up pretty papers and details :-)


Our sponsor this time is Wild Orchid Crafts with a £12 voucher


I chose a vintage style layered design which enabled me to use a few new bits of stash, starting with the gorgeous DP and one of my new scallop dies.
I really like the combination of shaped layers on this design.

Vintage style layered wedding card

The flowers are also new and are a fab (and flatter!) alternative to my beloved 3D flowers.

Vintage style layered wedding card


Card recipe;
Sentiment: Statements (congratulations) - LOTV
DP: Vintage wedding - Pion Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Lace: Faye - The Ribbon Girl (unavailable but Astrid is the same design in cream)
Dies: Large frilly frames #10 - Go Kreate, circle stax - MFT Die-namics, Large scalloped circles - Presscut, flowers (no name) - Joy! Crafts, Lavish branch - Memory Box, Beaded swirl flourish - Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions

I hope you will pop over to As You Like It and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


18 comments:

  1. Love the vintage look, gorgeous card, those flowers are so pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect Kat. Very classy and I love all the 'fuss'. The flowers are gorgeous and yes, I'm a pearl lover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage card and love the shape Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kat and a lovely alternative to the regular cutesy wedding cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty vintage card Kat and love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly beautiful card Kat, with your style all over it! LOVE the vintage papers you've used - and wow to those fabulous diecuts... the flowers are the perfect finishing touch - and like you say, much easier for Royal Mail to work with! LOL!

    Big hugs
    Christine x


    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kat. Just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the large sentiment and the delicate flowers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kat, beautiful papers and love the shape and all the diecuts especially those pretty flowers ...lush !
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful vintage style card Kat.
    Love all the layers and shapes xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Kat and I love the 'new' flowers.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Kat, I love the wonderful, vintage feel. Wishing you well with all that is going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kat, this is such an elegant card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Vintage feel to this beautiful card Kat. Love the shape (my fav' as you know!). Hope you and Dr Hubby are having a fabulous Easter break together. Knowing medical shifts though, that's unlikely! So I hope you get some time together somewhere. Big hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous vintage card and the bold sentiment works beautifully here.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty card, love all the flowers and wonderful design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! love the tones and shades hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)