Sunday 15 October 2017

Acorn angel

Hello lovely people,

We have a new 'Use any image' challenge starting over on The Ribbon Girl blog, so you can enter with any type of project as long as you include an image.
I hope you will come and join us as there are three fab prizes on offer this time :-)

It's well and truly Autumn here in the UK so I was inspired to dig out my cute MFT hedgehogs from last year to make this card.

Autumnal hedgehog in acorn pile card using Happy Hedgehog stamps by MFT

I started by stamping a few acorns on white card and coloured those in.  Then I stamped, coloured and die cut a whole load more acorns to add with foam pads. Finally, I stamped, coloured and die cut the hedgehog to go on top...he is making an acorn angel!

I ended up shading the background too because it looked too bright white against the ivory and brown of the papers.

Autumnal hedgehog in acorn pile card using Happy Hedgehog stamps by MFT

I really liked the simplicity of using all white cherry blossoms and blossom flowers to embellish...oh, and that uber cute little acorn charm...sooooo sweet!

Autumnal hedgehog in acorn pile card using Happy Hedgehog stamps by MFT

If you find yourself tempted by any of the pretty supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links at the end of my post or just pop over to The Ribbon Girl and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Green acorns: YG93, YG95, YG97
Brown acorns: E33, E23, E25
Acorn cups: E43, E44, E47
Hedgehog spikes: E33, E25, E59
Hedgehog tummy: E40, E41, E42, E43
Background: E40, E41

Lovely things I've used from The Ribbon Girl;
Denim & friends 6x6 paper pad - Maja Design
White cherry blossom
White small blossom flowers
Miniature white blossom flowers
Ivory hemp twine
Small silver acorn charm

Other card ingredients;
Happy hedgehogs stamps and co-ordinating dies - My Favorite Things
Spring foliage die - Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions

5 comments:

  1. WOW this is so cute. Love the little acorns.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Kat, the papers are fabulous and the acorns and little hedgehog are divine. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh just gorgeous. A very cute hedgy and I love the papers and fab little charm
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hedgie is one of my favourite from MFT. Lovely card Kat.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)