Friday 13 October 2017

Oh deer!

Hello lovely people,

Friday is here again so I have a Dies to Die For DT card for you and I have been playing with my new MFT stash :-)

I *almost* couldn't decide what to play with first...ok, who am I kidding?  It was always going to be those darling deer!

CAS Christmas card using Dashing Deer by MFT

I had my first play with my new Distress Oxides, which I totally did NOT need until I saw them being demoed at a craft show...and 12 of them came home with me - lol!

I've used just one colour to lightly ink around the background panel and added a few very light water splashes.

The gorgeous deer is joined by his little birdie friend for my scene and they were so fun to colour...I just had to add pink hats and scarf, and a tiny sprinkling of sparkle!

It may be stating the obvious but just in case anyone is wondering, I made the spots on the deer using the blender pen after I had coloured the image, and I did this a few times over to get a slightly clearer spot.

CAS Christmas card using Dashing Deer by MFT

I had a lightbulb moment where I realised that I might be able to stamp sentiments nicely with the DOs because the colour is so much creamier than the normal DIs...and yes, you can!
It does take a little longer to dry though...I found that out the hard way - lol!

I was really unsure if I *needed* to buy the stitched rectangle dies but am delighted that I did as they are going to be so useful for creating mats and layers on cards.  I do already have the inside & out stitched rectangles but these new ones are bigger and there are more of them so I needed them too!

CAS Christmas card using Dashing Deer by MFT

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Deer body: E30, E31, E34, E35
Deer chest / face: YR30, E50, E30
Deer spots: blender pen
Bird: E31, E34, E35, E37
Hats / scarf: R81, R83, R85

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;
Dashing deer stamps - My Favorite Things
Dashing deer dies - My Favorite Things
A2 stitched rectangle STAX 1 - My Favorite Things
A2 stitched rectangle STAX 2 - My Favorite Things
Stitched hillside borders - Lawn Fawn
Blueprints 31 - My Favorite Things (for the sentiment strip)
Stylish snowflakes dies - My Favorite Things

Other ingredients;
Distress Oxide pad in Faded Jeans

9 comments:

  1. Another super card Kat...what a cutie that deer is and super colouring. Love your design..always very professional looking. I have just bought some oxides after everyone was raving about them..haven't tried them yet though! Like you...I just 'needed' them..lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring Kat and gorgeous card..love your design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been debating the oxides. Your background looks great, as does the deer. Gorgeous card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Kat. So sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kat, love the cute deer and the stitched panels. The sentiment does look great with the oxide inks...they are definitely on my wish list now :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat oh this is such a lovely cute card, I love the design and the dies. Great background. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a temptress, so many gorgeous goodies on here, fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat, this is gorgeous hunny! I love the sweet images and your card design is beautiful with all that white space. Really pretty ink work and the silver snowflakes finish it beautifully. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute Kat. Love the image and the card layout.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)