Monday 2 October 2017

Time to sparkle

Hello lovely people,

Today I have a DT card for The Ribbon Girl and I wanted to use some of the gorgeous sparkly things to make a Christmas card.

I don't use gold a lot in my crafting but these papers are absolutely gorgeous and I have heat embossed the sentiment in gold to match.


I don't think the photos do the ribbon justice either!  It is simply stunning; the shade of gold and the subtle shimmer is so elegant.

I'm rather taken with the hemp twine as an alternative to the button twine I often use too.  I was going to tie a small bow with it but the long ends fell onto the card like this and I thought it looked pretty so I left them long!


Don't forget we also have our October Card challenge running over on The Ribbon Girl blog at the moment and we'd love to see you enter...all you have to do is make a card - easy!

If you find yourself tempted by any of the pretty supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links at the end of my post or just pop over to The Ribbon Girl and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Lovely things I've used from The Ribbon Girl;
Time to sparkle 6x6 mini paper pack by Dovecraft Premium
25mm gold pearl sparkle ribbon
Ivory hemp twine
10mm silver jingle bells


Other card ingredients;
Traditional Christmas Greeting - Lili of the Valley
Stitched rectangle scallop frame - My Favorite Things

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful elegant card Kat. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Kat, love the papers and your embossed panel is gorgeous. Love the jingle bells and twine too :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, very grown up!! Love the gold accents here Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Kat. The black and gold look fabulous and I love the pretty ribbon
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat
    Stiunning card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Kat, this is so pretty! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat this is soooooo elegant! Stunning gold accents and the embossed sentiment is brilliant! Fabulous papers and such an elegant stunning creation. I love the way the hemp twine looks too, I think it was a perfect choice to leave the ends long. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)