Friday 17 June 2016

Heart die challenge - part 2

Hello lovely people,

If you saw my post yesterday you will know that I set myself a little challenge to make 3 different cards with my new heart dies.

FYI: I have set myself these type of challenges before...and so far, only ever made it to 1 or 2 cards before giving up!

I kept this one pretty CAS as I think simple layering with coloured card really shows off the design of the dies nicely.

Romantic lilac card with die cut hearts


I cut the larger heart into white card and layered lilac card behind it and then layered the smaller heart onto lilac and popped it on top using foam pads.

All it needed to finish was some co-ordinating satin ribbon, a single pearl and, of course, some stitching!

Romantic lilac card with die cut hearts





Card recipe;
Dies: Heart vines base affections die set & Someone special affections insert die - Tonic Studios

Tune in tomorrow to find out if I managed to make that third card!

I'm off now to get on with my household chores because sadly, the ironing, kitchen cleaning and hoovering are not going to do themselves :-(

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


9 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card Kat, love the lilac, and the stitching goes great with the heart. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh both of your heart cards are just gorgeous Kat, but this one wins because it's my favourite colour ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing #3 (because there *will* be a #3. Consider yourself told! lol). x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, love the simplicity of the design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I'm loving this card Kat.
    Great simple but stylish design..
    Love it.
    Off to have a nosey at yesterdays card now ;-) and I look forward to seeing the third lol
    Its great to set yourself challenges, think I may need to start trying that.
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kat! Looking forward to seeing your third make!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant Kat and love the lilac in the background..beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I LIKE!! That heart die is fabulous... and looks so well with the lilac showing through.

    Sooooooooooo did you get to Day 3 or did the housework get in the way?? LOL!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've a feeling we are going to be seeing far more than 3 of these in time to come! A very pretty shade here xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)