Saturday 18 June 2016

Heart die challenge - part 3

Hello lovely people,

During our 6 week trip to America, I was often asked what I was missing the most from the UK and my reply was 'curry!'

Specifically the curry from our local restaurant as it is soooo good, and last night we had a takeaway with some friends, and it has never tasted better :-)

But I know you are all desperate to know if I completed my heart die challenge, so...
...yes I did!

If you don't know what I'm talking about then see my last 2 posts.

I was delighted to find that an unused paper pad that had been hanging around for a while was absolutely perfect for the modern feel that I wanted for this card.

I kept the background layers neutral because I liked the idea of just having little pops of colour from the die cut flowers.

Modern elegant die cut wedding card with flower details

This time I printed a sentiment onto the central heart and I really love this scripty font but unfortunately for you if you like it, it was a digi from the Pink Petticoat store which is now closed :-(

Modern elegant die cut wedding card with flower details


Card recipe;
Dies: Affections square base set & someone special insert die - Tonic Studios, Fancy blossoms - Memory Box
DP: Southern Weddings - Project Life by Becky Higgins for American Crafts
Sentiment: computer generated
Pearls: from stash

That challenge went surprisingly well so maybe I'll have to do it again with a different product!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend whatever you are up to.  It's off to a beer festival for me :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kat
    Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully soft colour palette and these heart dies are proving to be very versatile. Love the cards you have made with them so far.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat, three very beautiful but different cards. Love the pop of colour on today's card. Have a lovely weekend.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kat. I love these dies. They are my go to ones for anniversaries, weddings etc. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely third card Kat, all so different too.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great hat trick Kat!! The colours you have chosen certainly suit the modern look perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Kat, love the design and pretty flowers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Kat on challenging yourself and your final card is just beautiful..I love the soft colours and it sure is a fabulous Heart die..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the challenge, I like setting myself challenges sometimes. This one is gorgeous, love the little pop pf colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Kat on completing your challenge. You have made three very pretty cards , all so different. Love the touch of colour on this with the pretty flowers. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's super pretty Kat! And YAY for finishing all three. It's a great way to ensure you actually get some use out of your stash (I'm guilty of using something once and then letting it sink to the bottom of the box, as I always have my favourites I keep going back to instead).

    Love your Ribbon girl card too. I may be in love with those papers!

    And thanks... I really fancy a curry now! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kat, what a beautiful elegant card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)